• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Pro Monitoring

Started by yowen, February 14, 2014, 08:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yowen

So I've got this setup in my car finally. After giving so many of these bluetooth gizmo's as gifts to friends (good tip by the way, it's an inexpensive, but thoughtful gift to anyone you know that is a gearhead, haha) anyway, I finally have one for myself and was wondering a few things.

Boost, I've managed to get it up to around 9psi, what does it top out at in stock tune? What would it top out at in a 4+ tune? I haven't been really able to safely push this to the max due to weather and traffic.

Other than that I am monitoring A/F ratio (seems to be about mid 14's to low 15), engine load and coolant temp. Are there a few other things you guys like to monitor?
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

dcpatters

For AFR monitoring, you really need a wide-band O2 sensor / gauge.  For the other sensors, Torque Pro is quite useful for monitoring.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

FoMoCoSHO

I'm pretty sure the SHO already has a wide band?

AFR in Torque seems to work fine.

Larrylu

Maybe I'm mistaken but isn't wide band O2 the same thing as AFR?  And can't LAMBDA be used instead of AFR. I have seen all three  in Torque menus as a available gauges.  If they are interchangeable, I prefer the LAMBDA as it is easier to keep it straight in my head. I'm also displaying STFT Bank 1 and 2 under my LAMBDA gauge. I'm thinking that the STFT (short term fuel trim) is steering the LAMBDA so it's kind of fun to watch. Maybe I should be watching the LTFT (long term fuel trim) instead. This is a learning process for me and I'm not sure of what the most beneficial values to watch are. I too would appreciate any advice on which values to monitor.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SwampRat

Is this Photo representative of the Guages that Torque can display ?

I'm thinking this has got to be a 10" tablet ...

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Larrylu

I sure don't have that many on any screen, but I do have 5 or so screens set up. Much larger displays for easier viewing. I don't think we have gear display available and no tranny temp gauge either. Wish we did! 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

dcpatters

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 14, 2014, 07:14:19 PM
I'm pretty sure the SHO already has a wide band?

AFR in Torque seems to work fine.

Think it's narrowband.  That's why when cars are tuned, the tuner is using a wide band in the exhaust, not the cars ODB-II sensor for AFR.  LMS has already commented about this on other forums. 
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

SwampRat

Quote from: Larrylu on February 19, 2014, 06:43:23 PM
I sure don't have that many on any screen, but I do have 5 or so screens set up. Much larger displays for easier viewing. I don't think we have gear display available and no tranny temp gauge either. Wish we did!

So if the  above pic / app is not Torque anyone know what it is ?

2021 Edge ST

Larrylu

It does look like Torque but for our cars all the potential gauges that torque offers are not supported by the data available on the OBD2. So you would see a menu choice for tranny temp but it will be greyed out or will not display data if you position the gauge on the screen.

SwampRat

Quote from: Larrylu on February 19, 2014, 07:10:31 PM
It does look like Torque but for our cars all the potential gauges that torque offers are not supported by the data available on the OBD2. So you would see a menu choice for tranny temp but it will be greyed out or will not display data if you position the gauge on the screen.

OK but the Aeroforce Gauges that  4DR is selling are OBDII and trans temp is shown ?

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2111.0;topicseen

2021 Edge ST

Larrylu

Don't know as I have not had any experience with the Aeroforce Gauges. I think I saw where someone said that they had their own sensor ...IDK. I'm sure I saw tranny temp on a Torque gauge selection menu when I was setting mine up, just was not successful in displaying it. I'd love to find out I'm doing something wrong.

SwampRat

Quote from: Larrylu on February 19, 2014, 07:29:09 PM
Don't know as I have not had any experience with the Aeroforce Gauges. I think I saw where someone said that they had their own sensor ...IDK. I'm sure I saw tranny temp on a Torque gauge selection menu when I was setting mine up, just was not successful in displaying it. I'd love to find out I'm doing something wrong.

Click the link and watch the video , they are new SHO/F150  gauges designed for the ecoboost engine and plug into the OBDII port ; tranny temp is shown .
Ford Ecoboost Aeroforce gauge demo

2021 Edge ST

panther427

Has anyone used torque and either the iTSX or the livewire TS. Seems like these all do similars thing with regards to gauges,reading codes, and logging. Is there benifits of one over the others
2013 SHO

SwampRat

Quote from: panther427 on February 19, 2014, 09:06:59 PM
Has anyone used torque and either the iTSX or the livewire TS. Seems like these all do similars thing with regards to gauges,reading codes, and logging. Is there benifits of one over the others
I can't give you any hands  on experiece , but I just order an iTSX and one of tbe main reasons is because I want to use just one screen / interface for tuning and running Torque and plan on a permanent mount in my SHO for an android tablet . One screen less clutter .

2021 Edge ST

dmharvey79

I've just started using the data log feature on the Torque app and I am very impressed. I have it set up to record the following items and the data is automatically uploaded to the Torque site (http://ian-hawkins.com:8080/) where I can view all of the saved logs.

speed
RPMs
air-fuel ratio
fuel rail pressure
timing advance
boost

What items would a tuner like LMS want to see in order to tweak a canned tune based on my car's performance?