• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rough ride???

Started by Rojas1489, February 11, 2014, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rojas1489

Hey guys still a little new to the SHO and the forum but need some advice please. I have a 2010 SHO with 40k miles on it and 19 inch rims. About a week after I got it noticed that it rides a little rough, meaning I feel every little bump in the road. So my question is why is it like this?? It's a very expensive car to ride like this and compared to my fiancés 14 impala it's a night and day difference. I do live in Michigan but like I said the impala does not ride like this and the SHO and impala are both full size luxury vehicles. Does it need new shocks/struts already?? Any thoughts?

DJE624

Could be a difference in tires.  I have noticed that my Primacy's are very stiff in the cold.  I was actually thinking of letting some air out.  The roads are bad too.  I'm sure the Impala has a much softer suspension than the SHO too. 

curry67

Its the sport tuned suspension it is rougher then most. If you have the performance package its even stiffer, If you have over inflated tires it will make the ride awful. I dont really mind it to much but you will feel almost everything. I bet the limited rides really nice.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

68_GT

my 2013 has the performance package and rides harsh too. Corners really nice though :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

Needmoreboost

Non-PP and just perfect.  Main reason I did not go with PP. 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

bykr

Mine was great(non-PP) but since adding lowering springs it's alot less forgiving.I find it hard to believe you think the stock SHO ride is harsh,it's a performance car not a luxury barge!
2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

SwampRat

ALL PP SHO's have a firmer , some say harsh ride due to stiffer springs and different Strut compression rebound settings than non PP .I would venture to say that Rojas SHO is non PP because he says it has 19" wheels . His issue is likely tire related .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Larrylu

I would add that the 40K mile wear has reduced the amount of cushioning rubber on those tires and also even though the non PP SHO is a softer ride than the PP, it is still firmer than the Limited, which it sounds to me is what the OP is really looking for. For me the non PP was the perfect choice. When I test drove both PP and non PP SHO's I found the PP to be a bit to firm for my DD/trip car.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

panther427

Its the fact your comparing cars that are going after to different types of buyers. If you take just about any make or model of car and drive a sporty version vs the regular car you will notice a difference.. For example if you had the chance to go drive a 2008 Grand Prix GXP and then drive a regular Grand Prix you would notice a huge difference. Also if you was to Go drive a Limited Taurus it would have the softer ride vs any SHO. Its a combo of the Wheels, smaller side walled tires, firmer parts and pieces in the suspension.. Shocks, struts, springs, bushings, ect.
2013 SHO

REDSHOCGO

My 2010 sho has a semi firm ride and i have the 19 inch wheels. I actually like it. It may be your tires that are causing a harsh ride. I have goodyears and my ride is fine obviously it is not as soft as my 2011 sonata but it is a sport sedan in a way.
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)