• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

used 3M plastic polish on my center console (scratched)

Started by 68_GT, February 09, 2014, 09:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68_GT

My center console had some scuffs on it that I thought could have ruined the nice shiny black plastic pieces. Bought my SHO with 8.5K miles on it and it looked like maybe the previous owner and now possibly my wife have drug their purse across it or something. Anyway I used the 3M plastic polish and it took 95% of the scratches off and made it really nice and shiny. I may have to run a little more with my 3M plastic scratch remover to get one small scratch off still, then go back to the polish afterward.

using my fingertips and a microfiber towel...

I went ahead and polished around the a/c and stereo volume control knob while I was at it. Clean it all up very nicely. Looks good as new....
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

Great!  I was hoping to wax mine also.  As soon as it gets warmer out.

dalum

Mine got scratches on it and I never touched the damn thing!  I actively avoided scratching it and they still popped up.  Worst decision ever to put fragile shiny plastic anywhere in a car.
2013 Non-PP SHO