• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

grille, help!!

Started by durham8907, February 09, 2014, 12:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

durham8907

I was told to come to these forums about questions regarding grille modifications. I bought my 2011 SEL back in the beginning of September and ever since I bought it I haven't been overly thrilled with the grille. I was curious if there is any aftermarket grilles or if i have to basically modify my own?! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

bpd1151

Mobsteel made the upper & lower mesh grilles for the '10-'12 Taurus.

But they sold the molds to Tommy Z Designs middle of last year.

Some have resorted to modifying their own. Whether that be painting them or using Plastidip.

Yet others have hacked at it, & made their own.

Kind of a few different ways to go about it.

I suppose if you wanted the P.I. grilles, since those are from a '13, you'll have to swap the headlight assemblies & entire front bumper clip, in order to use those grilles.

All up to your budget really.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Welcome to the forum!  What color is your SHO?  What specifically do you not like about the grille?

You could try blacking out your grille with Plastidip as a first step to see if you like it, then move on to either making your grille (like tomc612 did) or adding an aftermarket unit like quite a few other members have.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

durham8907

Well first off thanks for the information! What is all required and how hard is it to modify/make your own grille? I saw some of the of the aftermarket units and some said SHO only and others said any trim so that is kind of confusing since they look to be the same exact product! Unfortunately changing my whole front clip is probably out of the question! :/ I don't have a SHO haha, wish I was lucky enough but I have a Silver SEL. I was just told this is the place to come about grille questions

bpd1151

It doesn't matter what trim level you have, as the opening and mounting points are all the same.

What matters is you can only go with a product offering between the '10-'12 model years.

Unless again, you swap out entire front bumper and head assemblies.

Check the "How-To" section for more answers. There are threads there that detail how to remove bumper cover and change your grille.

Good luck! :ok:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

durham8907

sounds good, thank you! i have thought about the plasti dip but I'm not 100% sure about it. looks good but not really sure its for me