• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

More tune testing...:)

Started by Needmoreboost, February 05, 2014, 03:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needmoreboost

Back in the saddle as they say.  LOL  Snow go away.

Got to run some newer tune files on Monday before the snow.  With very little timing (zero knock) car felt faster.  What are you cooking there Unleashed? 

Stay Tuned my friends...  :)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

BigPelo

I want that too! But I need to figure out the P0172 and P0175 I am having now and then when it's cold outside.

But with all the snow we have here, I can't get WOT logging done for Torrie...
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

Needmoreboost

Quote from: BigPelo on February 05, 2014, 05:01:18 PM
I want that too! But I need to figure out the P0172 and P0175 I am having now and then when it's cold outside.

Hope you get the P codes sorted out.  I see your running the big 3bar map.  How is it running on 94 octane?  Do you have meth injection or no? 
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

BigPelo

Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs

crash712us

Quote from: BigPelo on February 05, 2014, 05:01:18 PM

here is info on what code mean.
P0172/P0175 Diagnostic Theory for Shops and Technicians
When a vehicle has the fault code P0172 and or P0175, it means that computer can no longer automatically adjust the mixture between air and fuel. Code P0172 applies to Bank 1 and P0175 applies to Bank 2. Code P0175 mainly applies to V6 or V8 engines because 4-cylinder engines generally have only one bank, though there are a few exceptions. Some of the high performance 4-cylinder and straight 6-cylinder engines (such as those in BMW and Lexus) split the cylinders into groups of two or three and call them separate banks.

When the code says that the Fuel System is "too rich," it means that the computer has been subtracting more and more fuel, which is called Long Term Fuel Trim. Ideally, the Long Term Fuel Trim should be close to 1 to 2 percent. When a code P0172 is set, it means that the Fuel Trim is anywhere from -15 percent to as low as -30 percent compensated. When this happens, the computer knows that there is an improper condition in the control of the Fuel System.

The first step in the diagnosis of a code P0172 and/or P0175 is to look at a minimum of three ranges of the Long Term Fuel Trim numbers on a scanner. Check the idle reading—3000 RPM unloaded and 3000 RPM with at least 50 percent load. Then check the freeze frame information for the code to see which range(s) failed and what the operating conditions were.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BigPelo

Crash: not sure how to do this. Do you know which parameters should I check with torque pro?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BigPelo on February 05, 2014, 07:32:31 PM
Crash: not sure how to do this. Do you know which parameters should I check with torque pro?

Short and long term fuel trim banks 1 and 2.

STFT and LTFT is the gauge abbreviation

BigPelo

Thank you FoMoCoSHO! Sorry Needmoreboost to hi-jack your thread.

Needmoreboost

Quote from: BigPelo on February 06, 2014, 08:09:51 AM
Thank you FoMoCoSHO! Sorry Needmoreboost to hi-jack your thread.

There is a section in Livelink to select these pids (fuel trims) when you do your WOT logs.  Fyi

BigPelo

I received Torrie's new tunes yesterday. Loading the 94 octane in couple minutes!

BigPelo

Oh! I solve the P0172 and P0175 codes issue. Fuel trim and idle strategy relearn and everything is fine again.

tmcphail

Thanks for the update. I am in the middle of generating a new file generation for his controller currently and will roll it out further once more research and finalization is complete.
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

BigPelo

Tune is loaded. Poor winter tires, they are screaming in pain searching for grip, in vain.

tmcphail

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

SwampRat

Quote from: BigPelo on February 08, 2014, 12:47:59 PM
Tune is loaded. Poor winter tires, they are screaming in pain searching for grip, in vain.

Quote from: tmcphail on February 08, 2014, 12:57:00 PM
Thumbs up !

Awesome Guys  ! !
I plan on being there soon once my SHO is out of the Body Shop.
Non Catted DP's  from 4DR and SCT &  Tunes From Torrie by the end of March .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST