• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

79% TPS reading on Torque during WOT

Started by MTaurusSHO, February 03, 2014, 12:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTaurusSHO

During a recent WOT pull I noticed that I'm not getting 100% throttle opening, I want to blame the slower ELM327 adapter, I already have an MX on the way. But has anyone had the same issue? Is there a TPS sensor relearn procedure? Thanks in advance.
2013 Tuxedo Black Non PP SHO
AirAid, LMS Tuned, Plugs and T-Stat.
2002  MMM Z28
F1 Procharged 408ci

SHOdded

Not sure for the SHO, but on our Edges, that is pretty normal.  Purportedly to reduce wear&tear on the transmission and to increase fuel economy.  Can detract a little from throttle response.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

I've seen it said here that they top out at 80.

MTaurusSHO

2002  MMM Z28
F1 Procharged 408ci

QuickSilver

Which leads us to wonder if the Throttle Body is the 'bottle neck' in the system. In other words, would that last 20% opening net any increase in power? I've swapped to larger throttle bodies on other turbo motors (Mopar2.2 stuff mostly) and had no gain in performance on a reasonably stock motor. Yet with the same platform engine on another application that was built up with big valve head,ported/polished manifolds, aftermarket pistons/rods etc, I gained almost 20WHP going from a 52mm TB to a  58mm TB. In that application, the TB was clearly the cork.
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

EcoPowerParts

I saw up to 85%, beyond that you are over rotating the TB blade and beyond 100% as far as what you're thinking.
It's correct. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

dcpatters

It could be the value displayed is degrees; ~85 is actually degrees in rotation not percent?

Or depending on the application logging, the logging equation itself?
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

MTaurusSHO

My MX adapter just showed up, I'll get back with you all tomorrow after a few runs.

What app is better though? The Torque app or the MX app?
2002  MMM Z28
F1 Procharged 408ci

DJE624

I think most of us are running Torque Pro.  It's really good and only costs $5.00

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on February 04, 2014, 08:42:53 PM
I think most of us are running Torque Pro.  It's really good and only costs $5.00
Ya' like Dave said....spend the $5.... worth it!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

explorergotoluvit

2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

MTaurusSHO

I've been running the purchased version of Torque, what I was referring to was which app performs better? MX or Torque?

After running a few times with the MX adapter I have noticed that it is much more responsive. However I am not seeing 100% TPS reading during a WOT run. So it is not the adapter, must be something in the ECU or an angle reading like mentioned previously.

One thing that I did find out is that there is a limited amount of Bluetooth 4.0 bandwidth, while using Torque and streaming music through bluetooth, the response time on Torque drops significantly. I did not notice this with the ELM adapter. So for anyone looking for a Bluetooth adapter both the ELM327 and the MX will do the job. But the MX is much more responsive and it has many other features.
2002  MMM Z28
F1 Procharged 408ci