• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is wrong with the suspension in the car I test drove?

Started by johnbowler, February 01, 2014, 09:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welcome.
I also just went from a WRX (2012) to a 2014 SHO.
Your going to want to get a tune if you want the same smiles per mile as the WRX.
Compared to the WRX a stock SHO is a nice car but no where near as entertaining (fun to drive) as the WRX. With a tune its a totally different car.
Speaking from experience, the SHO should ride a LOT better than the WRX, and I have 20 inch wheels on my SHO.
2014 Black SHO
Livernois 93 Tune

johnbowler

I can't even compare my WRX to the SHO, let alone any other car.  The entire suspension was modified as well as the entire driveline and engine.  It had nothing in common with a stock 2002 WRX except the body panels.  I know I am not going to get anywhere near the same ride/speed/acceleration/handling from anything other than a true sports car.

BiGMaC

Quote from: johnbowler on February 02, 2014, 03:12:58 PM
I can't even compare my WRX to the SHO, let alone any other car.  The entire suspension was modified as well as the entire driveline and engine.  It had nothing in common with a stock 2002 WRX except the body panels.  I know I am not going to get anywhere near the same ride/speed/acceleration/handling from anything other than a true sports car.

Time will tell... especially ride (comfort), acceleration, and speed (the top speed limiter is turned off by most tunes).  Your sitting on a 4.3 0-60 with basic mods in a nonPP and challenging Porsches, BMWs, vettes, and a raft of other cars that cost 2-3 times as much. You may be surprised.... Plus it's fun owning a sleeper!

BTW... Excellent thought about the transport suspension dampers!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

johnbowler

I realize I can tune the car, what I meant to say was that no car in my price range would give me what I had STOCK.  Sorry for the confusion.  I know this car has a lot of room to "grow" which is one of the reasons I am probably buying it.

FoMoCoSHO

My 2013 SHO does not have adjustable suspension.

It also doesn't have that sweet looking intelligent AWD gauge which really irritates me.

Too bad 47 grand doesn't buy a model specific owners manual. 

ONLYA6

None of the SHOs have anything adjustable with the suspension.

And, the only difference with the PP vs non PP, suspension wise, is the rear springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

TSS

Quote from: Brucelinc on February 02, 2014, 10:47:53 AM
Are you guys with 2013 SHOs saying your cars were available with the driver adjustable suspension?  I thought  that was a Lincoln-only feature.  I realize the owners manuals for the Taurus and MKS show the same information about that but I was not aware it was even an option on the Taurus.  There is certainly nothing about it in any sales brochures with the Taurus.  In Lincoln sales materials, it is a major highlight.

That was my understanding as well.  I am currently considering a 2013 MKS Eco to replace my 2010, in part, because of the suspension options...and better trunk opening....and better looking front end....and proximity sensor... and multi contour seats.....etc,   In my research, I never saw an SHO touting the adjustable suspension. 
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

BiGMaC

:jacked: I apologize to john as I did not intend to get his thread hijacked...

I stand corrected: The SHO does not have an adjustable suspension... it has the same owner's manual as the MKS... as was noted below, causing my confusion.  Thanks to all who helped set the record straight. 
The SHO does have everything else TSS mentions ( use each one daily... when it brakes hard the proximity alert can be interesting!) other than the front end... a matter of preference.

Let's get it back to john's question.  I for one will be interested in thoughts on that and what john actually finds out.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SwampRat

Quote from: johnbowler on February 02, 2014, 02:45:43 PM
My salesperson isn't in today but I will call her tomorrow and ask her some of these questions.  My theory?  I know some other manufacturers deliver their cars with "pucks" in the suspension to prevent the cars bouncing around during transit.  I have read that some people that complain of their suspension still have these in their car.  This car was on the showroom floor so was probably never prepped.  That's my theory.
Damned GOOD possibility that this is the cause .....  I used to Deliver cars .... It is the transport Drivers responsibilityto remove the pucks and sometimes they are left in by mistake.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

johnbowler

BIGMac, thanks for the apology, but not necessary.  Thought it was interesting!  Anyway, spoke to the salesperson yesterday afternoon and the mechanics looked at it and the pucks HAD been removed, so that wasn't it.  They do believe that the car will settle somewhat after driving for a bit, but they don't believe it will loosen up a ton.  However, while I was talking to the salesperson, she found out that a black on black SHO WITH PP was coming in this week.  I told her that's what I wanted and to put my name on the car so the suspension issues is now moot.
Thanks for all of the help on this issue.

BiGMaC

John... Glad its working out for you... you'll love the ride!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MeanKS

Quote from: TSS on February 03, 2014, 02:53:45 PM
Quote from: Brucelinc on February 02, 2014, 10:47:53 AM
Are you guys with 2013 SHOs saying your cars were available with the driver adjustable suspension?  I thought  that was a Lincoln-only feature.  I realize the owners manuals for the Taurus and MKS show the same information about that but I was not aware it was even an option on the Taurus.  There is certainly nothing about it in any sales brochures with the Taurus.  In Lincoln sales materials, it is a major highlight.

That was my understanding as well.  I am currently considering a 2013 MKS Eco to replace my 2010, in part, because of the suspension options...and better trunk opening....and better looking front end....and proximity sensor... and multi contour seats.....etc,   In my research, I never saw an SHO touting the adjustable suspension.

you think the 2013 has a better looking front end?

generally i like the styling of the 2010-12 better than the 2013 onwards, both interior and exterior.  although i've been seeing the newer MKSs on the road and they are really growing on me as far as style is concerned.
MKS-EB...