• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Remote Start Install question(aftermarket)

Started by Phigment, January 26, 2014, 11:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phigment

2011 MKS w/smart key.  I purchased a dball2 and a xl202.  Already had a remote and antenna that would work with the xl202.  I installed firmware 402.LINCOLN v1.12 via Xpress VIP 4.5 from xpresskits website.  I am using the RSR configuration.  Install guide can be found here:

http://xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=9226&productid=553&firmwareid=5290

I haven't done many of these installs but I had more time than money so I thought I'd give it a try.  Everything works except one thing.  I can not get the car to see the FOB.  The battery is pulled from the FOB.  I have put six loops around the FOB and six on top of the transceiver.  The car tries to start but then complains about no key.  If I put the fob on the transceiver, like the battery had just gone dead, the car will remote start fine.  The instructions are not clear on this.  Does the wire have to be a smaller gauge?  I have connected a long piece of 16 gauge wire from the yellow to the brown wire.  Created the loops in between.  I am assuming the wires are supposed to be connected?  I think that the wire is supposed to carry the signal from the FOB to the backup transceiver.  I'm not sure what the dball2 does via those wires to make that happen.  Somebody.. please.. tell me what I am doing wrong.  I would love to put my car back together in working order.  Thanks in advance all.

Kolk1

I havent done a RSR in a newer taurus, all the Remote Starts ive done in them I was adding a viper system on top of a DBALL(or flcan I cant remember) So I never had to lose a key for any of my installs.

On that note, I know when doing vehicles with a similar setup, or using the old 556U module, you needed to wrap the wires around the transceiver, not just place the coils on top of it.