• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What's next.....

Started by bigmoneycloser, January 25, 2014, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Ok here is the question....
What is next? I feel somewhat limited in my choices...
I have a 14 XSport, With the following mods:
HR springs
Airaid CAI
LMS 93 high boost tune
3 bar map sensor(uninstalled)
Gapped plugs
Wilwood brake kit
170* Tstat
And a bunch of other cosmetic mods...

I am going to do the exhaust.. Thinking the LMS corsa cat back, down pipes(no brand decided yet) and considering cut out as well.

Will I need a new tune with the exhaust upgrade?

And the big question... What performance mods are left for the XSport???
Keeping in mind, I driving this truck 20-30k miles a year and I'm not totally sold on meth for myself...
Seems like turbos are not an option due to lack of fuel and honestly how much more power will it handle anyway???
I'm gonna visit a speed shop here that I was recommended and see what ideas they have, although I'm sure they haven't seen much ecoboost...

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

DJE624

Don't need a tune change for the Corsa but may need one for the down pipes.  I'm getting non-catted PPE's and getting a new tune to shut off the O2 sensors.  If you go catted, I'd get the PPE.  They are said not to throw a code where others might.

SHOdded

I would say bigger turbos + hot pipes + adjusted tune would be a significant power boost.  Looking at 600 AWHP as the current "limit".  4DR Mike's working on a drop in fuel upgrade system.

Trying to get Megan to make coilovers, which should be a significant upgrade from the H&Rs.

To me, the real barrier is the transmission.  A lot of knows and many more unknowns.  Strengthening all the gears and axles/driveshaft etc + tuning for it will need a dedicated budget to R&D.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

I didn't think there was a Hot Pipe set up for the Xsport??? And I can't upgrade turbos without a fuel upgrade(which we don't have either)
And because it's my daily driver and I don't have a dedicated Ecco tuner/fab shop local.... I really need proven solutions and upgrades.. Which is why I have stuck with LMS. They are mod'in their shop Xsport.. So everything is proven...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

EcoPowerParts

The hot pipe setup would be 90% workable for you as far as I know, the key is the FMIC you guys have. I wish I could get an AZ guy to stop by so I could check it out but I can't find anyone. :(
I'd make downpipes and hot pipes for you guys in a second if I could just get one!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bigmoneycloser

Well I'm stuck here in jersey...as I'm sure there have to be some quality shops around here, I'm just unaware. But if you ever get your hands on the XSport for the hot pipes let me know. Also, didn't PPE create down pipes for the xsport??
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

FoMoCoSHO

BMC, what are your rail pressures at with the MODS?

I'm at 25% E-85 and I'm still seeing 2600-2700 PSI at the rail.

2013's have a little different fuel setup and I'm not convinced we have the same FRP issues at gen 1 gen 4.

I figure we'll run out, maybe just not as fast.

bigmoneycloser

FoMo, I'm not logging and not familiar at all with the tech stuff on the cars.
I have been considering getting a set up to start logging in order to make sure all is running correctly. But need to do some research on a quality set up... I'm an apple guy, so I have to find a setup that will be compatible with Mac if it needs to be downloaded or anything...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

FoMoCoSHO

IMHO, Torque is the best product available for us, but no MAC support.

The 2013 Nexus 7 is a Fantastic Torque display and can be had for $160-$170 if you watch the dealsites.

Another $150 for the OBDlink MX (Paired with a quad core device like the Nexus is blazing fast)

$5.00 for the app.

Total, $325ish. Cheap insurance for an expensive ride like yours.

Not only do you get the logging ability but you get the real time gauges and there are tons!

Ask BPD how much his gauges were to install, Torque is a great value even if you have to purchase a new device.

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 30, 2014, 07:31:25 PM

2013's have a little different fuel setup and I'm not convinced we have the same FRP issues at gen 1 gen 4.

I figure we'll run out, maybe just not as fast.

I Really hope this is the case!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

curry67

Get a ram mount for the nexus 7 I use it for navigation with my work. its the best device holder ive ever used.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on January 30, 2014, 07:40:42 PM
I have been considering getting a set up to start logging in order to make sure all is running correctly... I'm an apple guy, so I have to find a setup that will be compatible with Mac if it needs to be downloaded or anything...

BMC... Put a bootcamp partition... 30-40GB.. on your Apple and install windows... Works great, just boot up holding the option key, choose the windows partition, and go!  I have also confirm that this works with the LMS tune files,

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 30, 2014, 07:54:45 PM
Quote from: bigmoneycloser on January 30, 2014, 07:40:42 PM
I have been considering getting a set up to start logging in order to make sure all is running correctly... I'm an apple guy, so I have to find a setup that will be compatible with Mac if it needs to be downloaded or anything...

BMC... Put a bootcamp partition... 30-40GB.. on your Apple and install windows... Works great, just boot up holding the option key, choose the windows partition, and go!  I have also confirm that this works with the LMS tune files,

I'm Apple retarded...Does that work with an ipad? Having to carry a laptop around would be a PITA.

BiGMaC

Nope.... sorry.  It is the most cost effective.... The nexus may be your best solution....

BTW, I'm a Mac guy too... my Apple IIe from 1979 still works! ...slowly, LOL

bigmoneycloser

Ok
So the nexus 7 with torque app is best set up.
I'm gonna talk with my audio guy about a slick set up and see what he can come up with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A