• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aftermarket Paddle shifters

Started by Shonuff1140, January 20, 2014, 03:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I really don't care for them but I did message Hurst on FB to ask if they might come up with something. I'd like to have some Hurst in my SHO.

mjhpadi

I would like to have Hurst too, since it was a Pennsylvania company (originally) but like the rest of you I don't use the paddles much, I was really disappointed with the amount of lag with them.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

REDSHOCGO

We'll they'd still Make nice eye candy
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

mjhpadi

Oh, I agree... if I like the looks & installation wasn't too complicated or expensive I'd spring for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

Unfortunate news from Hurst:

Hi Dave,  I'm not sure if we'll be have that product for sale soon or not.  If we do come out with paddle shifters for the Ford Taurus SHO - we'll definitely let you know.  If you have additional product questions, don't hesitate to call our customer service team at 707 544 4761  Thanks!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 29, 2014, 10:22:49 AM
I liked the gated shifter my 2011Fusion Sport had , Manual mode activated by button on T Handle shifter.
We had an FWD 11 Sport and a 12 AWD Sport.

Neither had a t handle, same shifter as the SHO, move to the right to engage manual mode. Flick it back to downshift, forward for up. I feel the Fusion shifted faster than the SHO in manual mode, and it held gears and would bounce off the limiter.

Random rambling alert...The 11 had Hill decent mode, the 12 didn't. I was a bit perturbed and the Ford Engineers said no Fusion Sport had that. They were proven to be full of crap, but they never enabled it in the 12 for us.

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 31, 2014, 08:51:46 PM
I liked the gated shifter my 2011Fusion Sport had , Manual mode activated by button on T Handle shifter.

Neither had a t handle, same shifter as the SHO, move to the right to engage manual mode. Flick it back to downshift, forward for up. I feel the Fusion shifted faster than the SHO in manual mode, and it held gears and would bounce off the limiter.

Random rambling alert...The 11 had Hill decent mode, the 12 didn't. I was a bit perturbed and the Ford Engineers said no Fusion Sport had that. They were proven to be full of crap, but they never enabled it in the 12 for us.

Geeeezzzzz  ...... I hope Alzheimers isn't setting in  .. But I do remember manual shifts worked better on it . IMHO
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: kbeck59 on January 31, 2014, 09:11:22 PM

Geeeezzzzz  ...... I hope Alzheimers isn't setting in  .. But I do remember manual shifts worked better on it . IMHO

My best half works in a dealership service department, and I would not doubt that you had a different shifter....You should see the s*** that shows up in cars that isn't on the HVBOM. 

There is a pic I posted up somewhere that shows a 2013 SHO with the 2010-12 T handle. I wasn't happy they chose a shifter that was in our 2006 Fusion.

BiGMaC

I miss the pushbutton shifter I had on the dashboard of my Nash Rambler wagon when I was 14 (back during the civil war!)  :P

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

shoman04

Quote from: DJE624 on January 29, 2014, 06:30:51 PM
I really don't care for them but I did message Hurst on FB to ask if they might come up with something. I'd like to have some Hurst in my SHO.
Quote from: mjhpadi on January 29, 2014, 07:55:28 PM
I would like to have Hurst too, since it was a Pennsylvania company (originally) but like the rest of you I don't use the paddles much, I was really disappointed with the amount of lag with them.
They work good doing snow and ice driving for down shifting to stop.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SwampRat

My 13 SHO came with an MKS  engine cover . The dealer had to order the correct SHO cover.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: BiGMaC on January 31, 2014, 09:32:37 PM

I miss the pushbutton shifter I had on the dashboard of my Nash Rambler wagon when I was 14 (back during the civil war!)  :P

Geez, my Alzheimer's is acting up again..

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

I have owned too many damn Fusions!

RisskyBusiness

So does anyone know if I could get the '13+ paddle shifters to work in my '10. They are ~$50 for both, so I may just try.
2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...