• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Aftermarket Paddle shifters

Started by Shonuff1140, January 20, 2014, 03:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonuff1140

I have seen that Hurst makes some awesome looking aftermarket paddle shifters to replace the Camaro's plastic fantastic ones. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket shift paddles made out of nice stuff like billet aluminum, unstead of the crap we have?

RisskyBusiness

I was similarly wondering if it would be possible to swap out my 2010's for some of the 2013 paddles. Would it be possible to program or wire it to have the right be up-shift and the left to downshift? Sorry chad if I'm stealing your post, I can create a new one if you want.
2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...

vernonator

Lets just turn this into a paddle shift thread, I know may of us using tunes do NOT use them due to the shift lag. Is there anyway to "tune" that out? Not sure if it is something that is adjustable or simply a fact of the implementation.

I tried to use it last night and the lag made me rethink as I reeved a bit higher than I really wanted to :)
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

RisskyBusiness

Quote from: vernonator on January 28, 2014, 02:37:14 PM

I tried to use it last night and the lag made me rethink as I reeved a bit higher than I really wanted to :)

I've had that same issue with mine
2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...

DJE624

Same here.  That's one reason I don't use them.  The other is that it is a little difficult to shift when you are turning the wheel. 

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 28, 2014, 06:18:38 PM
Same here.  That's one reason I don't use them.  The other is that it is a little difficult to shift when you are turning the wheel. 

Me either.. I just point my right toe in the direction I want to go with downward pressure.... More and more I am coming to believe this car may be smarter than I am!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

navbtcret

I like playing with mine once in a while, I do not find the lag time being very bad though. My car shifts crisply with them. I usally use them when I am passing someone on a two lane road, I down shift 2-3 gears as I am stomping it to the floor.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Quote from: navbtcret on January 28, 2014, 08:39:06 PM
I like playing with mine once in a while, I do not find the lag time being very bad though. My car shifts crisply with them. I usally use them when I am passing someone on a two lane road, I down shift 2-3 gears as I am stomping it to the floor.

ZOOOooommm!!!  :smiley-faces-75:  :burnout:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Shonuff1140

I know they don't have the most function, but if I was pulling back on aluminum, it would trick my brain into feeling it was a far more expensive vehicle.

shoman04

Quote from: chad1140 on January 29, 2014, 04:58:09 AM
I know they don't have the most function, but if I was pulling back on aluminum, it would trick my brain into feeling it was a far more expensive vehicle.
Quote from: navbtcret on January 28, 2014, 08:39:06 PM
Quote from: DJE624 on January 28, 2014, 06:18:38 PM
Quote from: vernonator on January 28, 2014, 02:37:14 PM
Lets just turn this into a paddle shift thread, I know may of us using tunes do NOT use them due to the shift lag. Is there anyway to "tune" that out? Not sure if it is something that is adjustable or simply a fact of the implementation.

Nobody Drag racing use them but not because they are slow but because you can't shift faster than the auto even if you had a stick. I Auto-Cross my car and you never move your hands from 9&3 on the wheel(unless the back end is going the wrong way) so paddle are just fine. The paddle shift fast as you can auto-xing and better than automatic because you see the turns coming. The paddle put you in the right gear in the right place doing the turns. They work AWESOME IN THE SNOW(Down shifting to stop, holding a gear and not up shifting) JUST GREAT!!!!! The Aluminum replacement would look great.
2011 SHO VS SCCA AUTOCROSS
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

dmharvey79

Our cars have shift paddles? (-;

SwampRat

I liked the gated shifter my 2011Fusion Sport had , Manual mode activated by button on T Handle shifter.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Shonuff1140

Quote from: dmharvey79 on January 29, 2014, 09:12:34 AM
Our cars have shift paddles? (-;

I was mentioning replacing the plastic ones with aluminum paddles. Like Hurst does for Camaro.

REDSHOCGO

To be honest I don't use them either to much lag
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)