• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

XV1 requiring meth

Started by staged_sho, January 13, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staged_sho

Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa

DJE624

Yeah, it's here somewhere.  Too bad.  But they say they will keep working on a version that doesn't require it.  It's kinda like waiting for the new model car.  We all want it now.   ;D

SwampRat

Livernois posted this earlier in another thread

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on January 10, 2014, 12:58:35 PM
Unfortunately as to the release of XV1, it is going to require more ancillaries than originally thought. With the unique issues that have come to light with the cold weather, it has shown that we are at the limit of safe fuel delivery with our performance tunes already. Because of this, Xv1 will require methanol injection to utilize. We are working on other avenues for this to be able to be achieved without the use of methanol, but those are a long way off unfortunately. I understand the want and the frustration for the delay, but we would rather release XV-1 after its been complete and safe. One thing I am proud to say about our company is we will not just rush a tune out to the public without going over it with a fine tooth comb and test and retest to make sure it gets the most power out of the vehicle, yet still be 100% safe! It will require meth for the Explorer Sport, and the Taurus SHO and related vehicles (Flex, MKS, MKT). As for the F150, it is still in development, but as stated before, is only going to be released when perfect. I know it is frustrating, but please be patient. We just want to get everyone the best tune available, anything less would be a disservice to our customers.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

steve142857

I have meth etc. I have been ready for almost a year (actually I am the one that asked for a tune like the XV1) and nothing yet, still the conservative tune... If they experience issues for non-meth, I wish they could release a meth XV1 to start.
After all, XV1 is the mkst aggressive at our own risks for tracking purposes... At that point, someone that is serious about tracking his SHO should consider meth. For the others, stage 4+ is already fun!
Just my .02... Come on LMS! You can do it... I give you until mid March before my tracking season starts again... ;)
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

DJE624

I agree Steve.  4+ is a ball!  Mine just got a little tweak from my dyno pulls when I was out there so I am completely satisfied with it.  Not to say, I won't be keeping my eye out for the non-meth Xv1 someday.

futat2

Quote from: steve142857 on January 13, 2014, 08:51:18 PM
Come on LMS! You can do it... I give you until mid March before my tracking season starts again... ;)
Why don't you call him up and ask for a sponsorship? Maybe he can build you a XV1 tune and data log during races to help tweak it in real world applications. (AKA test mule with a benefit to you.)
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

steve142857

Quote from: futat2 on January 13, 2014, 09:23:52 PM
Quote from: steve142857 on January 13, 2014, 08:51:18 PM
Come on LMS! You can do it... I give you until mid March before my tracking season starts again... ;)
Why don't you call him up and ask for a sponsorship? Maybe he can build you a XV1 tune and data log during races to help tweak it in real world applications. (AKA test mule with a benefit to you.)
I already advertised for them with a windshield banner for more than two years... I already offered to be their guinea pig... I already went in person (20 hours drive) to have it dyno tuned and yet, 8 months later, they still haven't been able (and I'm ok with that... frustrated a bit at the beginning but better late than sorry) to tweak my conservative tune.
So not much more I can do. My conclusion is that they are very professional and want to maintain their solid reputation. But, XV1 is not their priority. They only have Dan as a tuner... they already offer good and safe tunes for ecoboost. That older tune is now profitable and XV1 is an extra for a bunch of us which won't bring them much extra business... They offer performance improvements for a lot of North American cars, not only ecoboost vehicles...
For the time that Dan can work, it is more profitable for LMS that he works on other things... That is why it is taking so long... Combined to the fact that 2013's EBs are more difficult to tweak.
So I am still hopeful that they can offer a XV1 with methanol for March, but I wouldn't bet on it...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Darkside

With this news, I wish they would then charge less than 3500 to install a meth setup.:(
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

steve142857

Quote from: Darkside on January 14, 2014, 10:51:59 AM
With this news, I wish they would then charge less than 3500 to install a meth setup.:(
You can always order them the kit (I believe they charge around 900$) and then have a local speed shop do the install if you can't do it yourself.
There is a how-to thread and the kit comes with instructions. It should take anywhere from 10-20 hours for the install. Around here, speed shop charge around 75$ per hour... probably a bit cheaper in the States, depending where you are... So you are looking at a 750-1500$ for the install, so all-in it should come to less than 2,500$, probably closer to 2,000$.
Since you already purchased a tune from LMS, they will send you an adapted file considering your new mod... By experience, no need to have it dyno tuned. The two times I drove 20 hours, it was worthless. The first time the can tune was already optimal apparently and the second time, Dan couldn't tweakt it too much, so he gave me a conservative tune which I am still running...
So I would suggest you to pull the trigger on the meth kit if you are intesrested and have it installed... There is a lot of power available after that mod...
I test drove a tuned SHO with intake and it felt very sluggish compared to mine with methanol. So really Worth the extra money, but gotta agree with you that their 3,500$ is a bit exagerated imo.
Cheers!

DJE624

Quote from: steve142857 on January 14, 2014, 04:36:13 PM
I test drove a tuned SHO with intake and it felt very sluggish compared to mine with methanol.

Wow!  I can't imagine my SHO being considered sluggish.  It wails like a banshee. True you are a second faster than me.   ;D

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on January 14, 2014, 05:09:01 PM
Quote from: steve142857 on January 14, 2014, 04:36:13 PM
I test drove a tuned SHO with intake and it felt very sluggish compared to mine with methanol.

Wow!  I can't imagine my SHO being considered sluggish.  It wails like a banshee. True you are a second faster than me.   ;D

It's the meth!  You're getting spoiled Steve.  LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Fast SHO

2014 SHO PP

68_GT

why don't they simply address the problem that goes along with the XV1 ? Fuel delivery ?

different fuel pumps, boost-a-pump etc ???

seems like a simple solution as a requiremment to run the XV1.

I already wonder if my SHO would benefit from a boost-a-pump with a stage 4 LMS tune in.

Sometimes it feels like its running out of gas. It gets stuck at 5K rpms and want accelerate past that rpm and almost feels like a rev limiter. Also sometimes it hesitates that I thoguht was spark blow out but I regapped my plugs to .28 and it's the same. Mainly happens on downshifts to 2nd.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 68_GT on January 19, 2014, 11:58:30 PM
why don't they simply address the problem that goes along with the XV1 ? Fuel delivery ?

I already wonder if my SHO would benefit from a boost-a-pump with a stage 4 LMS tune in.

Sometimes it feels like its running out of gas. It gets stuck at 5K rpms and want accelerate past that rpm and almost feels like a rev limiter. Also sometimes it hesitates that I thoguht was spark blow out but I regapped my plugs to .28 and it's the same. Mainly happens on downshifts to 2nd.
Boost a pump won't do much as the pressure is set at 50 psi, doing a return system and upping the pressure makes a huge difference. :)
I have a solution, working on plug and play.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

68_GT

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 20, 2014, 12:05:14 AM
Quote from: 68_GT on January 19, 2014, 11:58:30 PM

Boost a pump won't do much as the pressure is set at 50 psi, doing a return system and upping the pressure makes a huge difference. :)
I have a solution, working on plug and play.

how does one do that and how to get the benefit ? how do you up the pressure ? are you saying this is something you are working on for yourself, and the EB community ?

modding these cars can be frustrating..... I guess it's an ecoboost thing thanks to Ford making it so difficult !
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler