• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Raw fuel smell in cabin ('13 SHO)

Started by dmharvey79, January 10, 2014, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

So...after having the fuel pump recall knocked out at a local dealership in mid-October I started getting a very strong fuel odor in the cabin when the tank was fairly full. At first I thought they may have spilled a little gas while doing the work but after I noticed it a couple more times I decided to take the car back in, assuming the new fuel pump gasket didn't seat properly or something.

Initially the dealership said they saw no sign of any leaks and the gasket looked good. Today I got a call and they said they found a hairline crack in the bottom of the tank (no signs of impact damage) and they're going to replace the tank under warranty. Not sure if they did it while they were doing the fuel pump recall work or what.

Chalk up another trip to the shop for the SHO, the fifth one for fairly major repairs in roughly 24k miles, haha. Fortunately the dealership I'm dealing with now has great customer service and they give me nice loaners (2013 FX4 with EcoBoost, 2014 Fusion Titanium with EcoBoost, etc) when I bring my car in.

Needmoreboost

First and foremost it's good to see you dealer taking care of the repairs. 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

dmharvey79

For sure. If you happen to be in the Northern Virginia area, Koons Sterling Ford is the place to go. I've dealt with just about every dealership in the area and none of them even come close when it comes to customer service. I haven't purchased any vehicles from them yet but I'm sure I will if I go with another Ford at some point in the future. The SHO is my first Ford and it hasn't made a very good first impression when it comes to reliability.

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about your continuing problems!  At least that is not matched by an asinine service department.  Almost seems like MANY changes were made behind the scenes for the '13s & every box was NOT checked off.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

dmharvey79

Stuff happens, it just seems to be one things after another with this car though. Hopefully everything is sorted out now and it stays out of the shop for a while.

DJE624

I don't know if there are more problems with the 13's or if there are just more guys here with them.  Between wheel bearings, gas tank/pump problems and tuning, it just seems to be a lot.  I hate to hear of anybody having problems with their SHO's or any Ford for that matter.

SHOdded

Quote from: DJE624 on January 10, 2014, 06:58:43 PM
I hate to hear of anybody having problems with their SHO's or any Ford for that matter.
Too true!  Especially with the problems showing up at such a "young" age.  Besides the well-known proclivity for weak brakes that Ford has, of course.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!