• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Audio System Installed

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, January 10, 2014, 07:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

Just got the first picture in from my installer (see attached) for the audio upgrade that includes the following:
-(2) Boston Acoustics GT-220 Amplifiers
     -200 watts @ 4 ohms to the front components
     -700 watts @ 4 ohms to the subwoofer
-Boston Acoustics Pro50SE
-JL Audio CS110RG-W3v3 Subwoofer Enclosure
-Audiocontrol LC-2i
I can not wait to give it a trial run today and hope it is sounding as good as I expect. More posts to come.

2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

black99lightning

you're adding this on to the sync system are or you changing the headunit also?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: black99lightning on January 10, 2014, 08:05:57 AM
you're adding this on to the sync system are or you changing the headunit also?
I am running this from the OEM head unit.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

MJESHO

STR8.........I don't know much about processors except for what I have read/learned on this forum.  Will this be a good processor to use if I install only 2-12" subs??
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

Josephm

It will do the job for 2 -12's.  Or any system for that fact. Thanks for posting this, if you could make a video of it, that would be epic. Curious to see how well it sounds in that sealed enclosure.

Are you running the rest of the stock mids off the factory unit?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: MJESHO on January 10, 2014, 02:06:42 PM
STR8.........I don't know much about processors except for what I have read/learned on this forum.  Will this be a good processor to use if I install only 2-12" subs??
I went round and round with people on this forum talking processors and overall there is no doubt that they will provide superior sound. For your application it is probably as simple as getting an amplifier that will accept speaker level inputs from the rear mounted subwoofers to power your subs. I would just have to think that dual 12" subs would greatly over power the rest of the system though.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: Josephm on January 10, 2014, 03:03:01 PM
It will do the job for 2 -12's.  Or any system for that fact. Thanks for posting this, if you could make a video of it, that would be epic. Curious to see how well it sounds in that sealed enclosure.

Are you running the rest of the stock mids off the factory unit?
I am going to see how the OEM system sounds while working with the new components. I requested to have the amp gains set to a useable maximum volume at only half volume on the OEM head unit. I know this might create time alignment issues and other factors, but it is a good place to start. If that does not work, I will just stop using any other speakers in the vehicle.

MJESHO

I will eventually install a multichannel amp for all of the stock mids & highs, but right now, I just want my b-b-b-bass back!!!  I had an awesome 7-channel Alpine amp (that they don't make anymore) in my Jetta that rocked the whole car, but I sold it with the Jetta when I got my SHO.  I'm all in favor of mono amps now on the subs..........
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

Josephm

I really like 5/7 channel amps; Just not the cost, or size for a quality 5/7 channel amp. Hopefully they are not using the gain as a volume

edit: I reread it, the gain should be set based upon the output voltage coming processor.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Kolk1

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on January 10, 2014, 03:10:16 PM
I am going to see how the OEM system sounds while working with the new components. I requested to have the amp gains set to a useable maximum volume at only half volume on the OEM head unit.

I recently noticed an issue with mine during some louder listening, I had my gains set to where max volume was around 80%, and I actually went that loud for once, and it was massively destroying the low and highs. I did a quick reset of the gains so max volume is around 50%, and it sounds WAY better.