• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford knows when we're breaking the law

Started by FoMoCoSHO, January 09, 2014, 10:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

"We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing," Ford's Jim Farley told a Vegas crowd on Wednesday, according to Business Insider reporter Jim Edwards.

http://rt.com/usa/ford-vp-auto-surveillance-382/

DJE624

Well that does it.  No more speeding for me! 

Just kidding.

SwampRat

All right now    ........ 

I need a  GOOD hacker to disable this BS ......
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

steve142857

Their system My Fordtouch or whatever it's called is soooo reliable lol!
I bet we could win in court saying that the gps has been corrupted... It is very frequent that it shows that I am driving in the US or in another city that I actually am... And recently it is trying to update itself... I think I am due for a major reset.
That said, they could prove nothing with the GPS being like it is now...
Maybe I'll leave it like that for the next drag racing season lol
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

68_GT

steve get the update it has some nice visual changes to the screen and back up camera.

is this stuff true ? if so do we care ? lol
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

MeanKS

he must have said that in a joking way.

still, its not too smart.  no need to make enthusiasts, or any customer, paranoid.

fyi, if you have a cell phone; you pretty much have no anonymity if someone really want's to know strongly enough...
MKS-EB...

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 09, 2014, 10:10:32 PM
"We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing," Ford's Jim Farley told a Vegas crowd on Wednesday, according to Business Insider reporter Jim Edwards.

http://rt.com/usa/ford-vp-auto-surveillance-382/

Stupid... Worry about Dumpster Jeep, not this idiot stating the obvious

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Josephm

Ford dropped the ball on this.

Who wants to buy a GT Mustang or any sports oriented vehicle knowing that everything they do is being tracked, or able to be used against them.

Bad enough with our phones, let alone them having a full throttle position,speed, brake use, and GPS at there will.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Wild13SHO

It was dumb for him to make the statement, but all the auto manufactures are doing it anyway.  It's not just Ford. 

The enthusiasts and the aftermarket need to find away to disable/remove it. 
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

dmharvey79

Needmoreboost

Big Brother can look right down into your house from above anytime...
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

BiGMaC

Some people just shouldn't do public speaking without a script and a teleprompter.  :doh:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

elund126

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning