• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Irwindale tomorrow (1-9-13), 1/8 mile....Anyone?

Started by SoCalSHO, January 08, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

Chances are I will be heading to Irwindale tomorrow. Would love to race another EB if anyone is interested. If you do go to race, you will need a helmet, just a "heads up".
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

Weather should be good, high of 70, low of about 50 by 9PM. Humidity increasing throughout the day from 54% to 78%, so get there early.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Sounds like a little after sun down would be a great time.  Have a ball Robert!

SoCalSHO

Thanks Dave. Hoping the leak isn't too bad when i check it tomorrow before I go. I would hate for the seal to totally go out when I am on the track. If it is just a drop, I will make a few passes.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

I hope so too.  Is it too much to hope it's just left over from the work?

BTW, I'm jealous I can't get out there! 

SoCalSHO

I do not think it was left over because A) they said they cleaned the oil around the area so I could not smell the oil anymore (Unlikely they did though), and B) the drop was right next to (Less than 1 inch) from the seal/banjo fitting they said they replaced. Very hard to work on that area without even accidently touching the drip.

I know the drip is not much, but if it coats the area again by the time I need to leave for the track, I really need to give it some thought.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

I know it stinks but you might be better off skipping the track this week and getting her back in.  If there is a torn seal or gasket, you could rip it apart.  Is this all warranty?

SoCalSHO

For SHO it is warranty. The one a month ago was.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

dcpatters

Quote from: SoCalSHO on January 08, 2014, 11:16:51 PM
Chances are I will be heading to Irwindale tomorrow. Would love to race another EB if anyone is interested. If you do go to race, you will need a helmet, just a "heads up".

Is a helmet mandatory?  I checked the Speedway website and couldn't find anything.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

QuickSilver

Hmmm, I haven't been to the quarry in a few years... They still have the King Taco stand??
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

Dxlnt1

What time of races start? I have to be at work by 10p.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

bykr

The gates open at 4pm and racing starts at 5.The King Taco is gone :( If your running in the 8's your going to need a helmet.And for anyone that wasn't been there DON'T turn around in the fenced shutdown area!I'd like to go out in a  few weeks once I get my tune installed,thermostat installed and colder plugs in.Maybe we can meet up at the track SoCalSHO if you decide to go again.Keep us posted on your results!Tim
2010 Taurus SHO
Steel Blue Metallic
LMS stage 4 tune

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

You Will Be Able To Get A Few Runs In Early. Then Out By 7 Or 8.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH