• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Amplifier Rack Covering/Fabric Choice

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, January 06, 2014, 07:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

I spent a couple of hours yesterday fabricating an amplifier rack that will fit in the spare tire well of my 2013 PP SHO. The rack itself was rather easy to make fit and now it is time to finish off the rack with a covering/fabric. I went to my local fabric shop and could not find any dedicated automotive carpet. I am familiar with the type of fabric I was trying to find, but instead stumbled on to some real tight black fleece fabric. I am wondering if anyone has used this type of material or should I search for something else.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

mval

srt:
you might PM kolk1. he made a box for my subs with amp attached that covering matches my '10 SHO's trunk carpet perfectly.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Lanson

Automotive upholstery shops should sell it as trunk liner. 
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune