• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford to offer free SYNC AppLink upgrade to current owners this year

Started by dalum, January 04, 2014, 05:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

mjhpadi

Cool beans, I hope it works without a bunch of problems.....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

dmharvey79

SiriusXM internet radio? Is there an advantage over the Pandora internet radio ($4.00/mo) I currently use via Bluetooth?

REDSHOCGO

To be honest Sirius radio is not great I prefer iheart radio or Pandora over serious any day
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

FracaSHO

Quote from: dmharvey79 on January 04, 2014, 12:33:20 PM
SiriusXM internet radio? Is there an advantage over the Pandora internet radio ($4.00/mo) I currently use via Bluetooth?

I had Sirius XM free for 3 months when I bought my SHO. After going through the channel line up, there were 7 stations I would potentially listen to, but ended up listening to basically 1 station. Good, but not worth the money. Pandora is the way to go.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SoCalSHO

Taking bets. Anyone want to wager that this will NOT be for the 2010 SHO with nav?

Also, I love my Sirius/XM. I have had XM (And now Sirius/XM) since 2003. I currently have a lifetime subscription.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

BiGMaC

I'm too lazy to keep recorded music with me in the car, or continually update my playlist on my phone.  O:-)  I travel in rural AZ in the mountains where ground based radio signals are bad to non-exitent, but satellite always works first class... so I  will stay wil my satellite radio.

SoCalSHO.....How did you get a lifetime subscription? 
I had one before for 5 years attached to my previous vehicle, but they didn't offer the lifetime option (I asked) and wouldn't let me transfer it after I traded my car.  I don't use it my the home.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

dmharvey79

I like the SiriusXM satellite radio a lot, although stations tend to play the same songs a lot, but I don't see how their new internet-based service will be any worse or better than all of the others. Pandora already have voice controls in our cars right?

SoCalSHO

I purchased it in August 2010, when I bought my car. Fantastic deal at that time.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

QwikSHO

Man, I really don't see how anyone could prefer Pandora over Sirius.   Take price out of the equation, the selection is way better.   

curry67

i would just use tunein app it would seem this will be a huge modernization of the whole thing which would be amazing.

dalum

Quote from: QwikSHO on January 04, 2014, 10:29:03 PM
Man, I really don't see how anyone could prefer Pandora over Sirius.   Take price out of the equation, the selection is way better.

Simple.  Everything I tried to listen to on Sirius was way over compressed and sounded awful.  Its the same as watching a movie on DirecTV vs blueray.  They both offer so many channels that they have to hike the compression up to fit within their bandwidth and almost ruin it.

As far as selection goes Spotifiy is where its at on the music side.  I'm not sure how iTunes radio compares to that now.  If you're in cell range the only advantage I would give to Sirius would be stuff like talk and news shows.
2013 Non-PP SHO

curry67

yeah something tells me my 2010 sync wont get it. Ive heard the audio defaults to same thing every time you start it. i love the fact that when i turn off car it pauses music on phone then when it starts up again its at the same point.