• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

USB drive for extra music

Started by shotime99, January 01, 2014, 08:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotime99

I had read if I get a usb external hard drive and format it to fat32 I can use it with the ford mysinc.. I did all that.. Plug it in.. Hard drive spins and lights up but screen says no USB connected.. Any ideas? I bought the WD 1 terabyte red Usb drive.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit

SHOdded

Single partition?  Possible that MySync is unable to read partitions that large.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

curry67

lol 1 TB of music?? your crazy just get a 64 gb usb stick works awesome.

dalum

Try it with an external power supply.  Start the car, power the drive, insert the usb.

My other concern is if the OS of sync/mft can read a partition that big.
2013 Non-PP SHO

shotime99

Lol it won't be full but it was cheaper than a stick!
I think it was on a raptor forum I saw he said it would read with the smaller fat32 setup. I dont know much about that stuff tho

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit