• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Help with DSP Tuning

Started by Fast SHO, December 23, 2013, 12:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast SHO

So, I'm learning and it is a bit of a steep curve.  Attached are a copy of the settings I have right now.  Comments appreciated.

2014 SHO PP

BiGMaC

You might try and make a small increase on the EQ... like a little mountain peak... from 25Hz-63Hz to get more bump... jus don't overdrive the mids depending on where you set the low cut of for them.

For the high end on the EQ try the same from 10KHz - 20KHz

Check the high and low impedance spikes on each of your speaker's response curve.  keep all speakers real work between these spikes. They ony operate well between these and this is not the same as many manufacturer's claimed responseThis lets you estimate the "3dB down"... A 3dB change on your EQ is perceived as a doubling (if your increasing it) or halving (if you're decreasing it) of volume (dB is actually a unit of energy aka sound pressure)

See my answer to your PM. Ultimately it's what your ears tell you!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Fast SHO

I was having an issue with the sound being a bit muted on the highs.  Couldn't figure out how to fix it until I changed the woofer low pass to 18KHZ.  That is high, but the woofers are rated for it.  The result is that it really filled out the sound.  Here is how my freqs are set.

I know most people say to low pass the woofers at 2500 with a low pass overlapping the sub, but for some reason it just sounds better with it at 18KHZ and tweeters high passed at 2500.

With these settings and the gains where I have them there is no distortion that I can perceive.

2014 SHO PP

dalum

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 23, 2013, 03:06:12 PM
This lets you estimate the "3dB down"...

Read my response in the other thread.  Using roomeqwizard you can measure each individual speaker in place and see its actual 3db down points.
2013 Non-PP SHO