• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

debadged rear 2013 ?? couple different options / emblems including spear delete.

Started by 68_GT, December 16, 2013, 10:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I'm liking my shaved rear end.  I still might put the SHO on it. One of those Billet Badges like Beck has might look good where the SHO used to be too. 

68_GT

I took a few more pictures with different options. My Phone / photobucket upload screwed up. Let me update the original post...

I wanted to badge the car witht he 3.5L Twin Turbo so people dont think the "ecoboost" is just some economy car, but I just don't think they look right. Honestly I like the clean look  of just cutting the ecoboost off from uynder the SHO emblem and leave the Taurus alone. I like a stock appearance with subtle changes that just improve on a stock appearance.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SRT82ECOBOOST

The Ecoboost badge on the SHO has to be one of the all time worse performance badges. I prefer to debadge everything if at all possible to have true sleeper car status, although I do like the SHO marked side faux vents, which I thought I would hate.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: SHOdded on December 18, 2013, 03:22:52 PM
Billet Badges to the rescue!!! Stealth EB badges for everyone!
Now a body color badge (white) with black lettering could work.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

DJE624

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on December 18, 2013, 03:26:13 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on December 18, 2013, 03:22:52 PM
Billet Badges to the rescue!!! Stealth EB badges for everyone!
Now a body color badge (white) with black lettering could work.

Now that sounds promising.

68_GT

I wish there were the fake side fender vents that said "Twin Turbo" instead of SHO.

then I'd only run the SHO on the trunk lid less the Ecoboost part.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

68_GT

is billet badges making something ?

more..

SHOdded

It IS kinda hard to get the ECOBOOST badge placed somewhere, isn't it?  I have seen some folks putting it on the passenger side of the dash or the center console.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

shodded- that's where i got mine when i moved the small SHO letters over to the console. & 68, i'm getting some metal letters from the place beck got them that just say SHO , just like his, mine's a '10 so am getting rid of all taurus mention with fender SHO's & on trunk lid moving the letters SHO to trunk left side & here's where a lot of guys will throw up. saw some car think it was an audi, or might have been the XTS has the letters TT on it, standing for twin turbo, so am going to try that. as i mentioned in a post some guys are debagers & some guys can't get enough & obviously i fall into that class. now to figure out what to do with 3 SHO/Ecoboost emblems, that still will be in in the mix. They may just be on something that i sit in my trunk when i go to shows.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

Maybe you could turn the emblems into 3D pieces for your displays, instead of being on-vehicle?  Regardless, will be looking for pics of what you decide to go with!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

panther427

Has any got an idea on how to remove or address the ford emblem on the trunk. I want the entire trunk to have no emblems on it. I plan to only keep the sho emblems on the side fenders on the car
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on December 19, 2013, 10:36:28 PM
Has any got an idea on how to remove or address the ford emblem on the trunk. I want the entire trunk to have no emblems on it. I plan to only keep the sho emblems on the side fenders on the car

If you don't have a back-up camera it is all 3M double-sided tape.  If you have a camera the emblem is integral with the rest of the housing

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock