• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3.5/2.0 EB Crate Engines!!!

Started by SHODYOU, December 13, 2013, 10:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHODYOU

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

crash712us

Say plug and play system coming soon, the crate motor have been available for while now. But no electronic are available for them, kinda like buying shoes with no laces. But I wonder in the after market has a stand alone ECM to run a DI system? I read article a little while ago about ford ecoboost platform and why they stand out above the rest. As DI motor have been around a while now, and many manufactures use the. Ford response was the software they use to run these engine is what separates them from the others. And it has been my understanding the DI motors have been always a bit tricky to be able to get them to run right.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

Quote from: crash712us on December 13, 2013, 05:14:38 PM
Say plug and play system coming soon, the crate motor have been available for while now. But no electronic are available for them, kinda like buying shoes with no laces. But I wonder in the after market has a stand alone ECM to run a DI system? I read article a little while ago about ford ecoboost platform and why they stand out above the rest. As DI motor have been around a while now, and many manufactures use the. Ford response was the software they use to run these engine is what separates them from the others. And it has been my understanding the DI motors have been always a bit tricky to be able to get them to run right.

Well that at least explains why the ECU program is so heavily encoded that folks are having trouble with it.  Kinda like buying a car with the spark plugs welded into the engine block?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Fast SHO

Nice to hear, but are there any upgrades above and beyond the blocks we are all running?  Forged internals, more aggressive cams, tuning, bigger turbo's?
2014 SHO PP

crash712us

Oh yeah, tial sport turbo's, ATP turbo's, LMS has forged internals, Carrillo and I believe another vender. Cams have heard anything there, but if you knew what you want you could send out your cams to regrind.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHODYOU

Quote from: Fast SHO on December 14, 2013, 09:13:03 AM
Nice to hear, but are there any upgrades above and beyond the blocks we are all running?  Forged internals, more aggressive cams, tuning, bigger turbo's?

Through frpp I would highly doubt it... these motors are pretty stout as is and with fuel still being an issue I seriously doubt ford releasing stouter overall combos

Hell I'm excited for just this... I'd love to put one of these in my old 98 gt vert. It'd be a great cruise car with all that midrange :)
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah