• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need a 2013 SHO/Flex and Explorer Sport for Megan to make up some coilovers

Started by EcoPowerParts, December 11, 2013, 08:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SwampRat

Has  anyone had any contact with  Megan about the 2013+ coilovers that will be for sale soon hopefully ??   . I believe at least one of the members on this thread said Megan would get  with them at least by the end of this Holiday season ........

I dont want these coilovers ..... I must have and need them !!
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

dcpatters

Quote from: kbeck59 on December 28, 2013, 12:42:26 PM
Has  anyone had any contact with  Megan about the 2013+ coilovers that wil be for sale soon hopefully  . I believe at least one of the members on this thread said Megan wolud get  them at least by the end of this Holiday season ........

I dont want these coilovers ..... I must have and need them !!

Nothing yet. I'm guessing after the New Year.
2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

SwampRat

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 11, 2013, 08:13:47 AM
Contact Walter Chen at Megan Racing to set up a time. They need a vehicle for a few hours at least, but they're interested in making a set. I'm hoping the SHO and Explorer Sport suspension are the same but doubting it due to ride height.

walter@meganracing.com
MEGAN RACING INC.
489 Yorbita Road, Unit B
La Puente, CA 91744

has anyone gotten back or heard from Walter yet ?

2021 Edge ST

QuickSilver

Sent an email the day 4dr asked us to but they never contacted me... I wonder if they think demand would be too low?? DC they contacted you one time right?
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

dcpatters

2014 Explorer Sport LMS tune, 170 Stat, Airaid

SwampRat

Maybe  4DRHTRD  could try to contact them again  .... If enough off us are willing to put a deposit down maybe Megan would get serious  .....

2021 Edge ST

Lanson

Considering all they need to do is redo the front struts a little bit with a new mounting format, I'm shocked this hasn't been done yet.  The rear could be left completely the same, and the front just needs the mounts changed, while much of the rest remains the same.  I know this because we took pics of each strut (remember those threads?) and found there are very few differences that matter, other than the bottom mounting points of course.   

I wish I was very wealthy, because I'd put some R&D time down with a custom coilover maker and have coilovers for the whole lineup by now and recoup the cost with variants for Explorer, Taurus, Flex, and whatever other cars are based of the platform. 
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SRT82ECOBOOST

It probably all comes down to overall lack of demand for this product. How many people out there are actually modifying their Explorer Sports?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

crash712us

I doubt it has anything to do with demand, how much demand is there for coil overs for the flex? Its probably more about timing and willingness to make it happen, as they more than likely have the parts to mount 2013's and above. The big question is which ones are they? Cause more than likely everything else is exactly the same except where it bolts to steering knuckle, and many cars mount there struts in same fashion. Even more so than the other way.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: crash712us on January 20, 2014, 10:18:40 AM
I doubt it has anything to do with demand, how much demand is there for coil overs for the flex? Its probably more about timing and willingness to make it happen, as they more than likely have the parts to mount 2013's and above. The big question is which ones are they? Cause more than likely everything else is exactly the same except where it bolts to steering knuckle, and many cars mount there struts in same fashion. Even more so than the other way.
Or it could be that they learned their lesson from the Flex that any R+D will not provide payback over the number of limited sales.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

SHOdded

No interest among owners without EB engines in their Taurus/Flex/F150/Escape/Edge/Fusion etc?  I know from the Edge forum there is interest in having an upgraded suspension, as we are currently pretty much limited to springs and air systems right now, not even a swaybar (anymore)!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

While that is a possibility, I kinda doubt it. As all struts a virtually the same. It the length and how they mount is what makes the different. And for most cars they only mount two ways, and beauty of coil overs they are truly universal. Another reason I believe this to be true, is recently watch a episode of Jay leno garage and they couldn't find any replacement shocks for some Maserati and there was no data available for spec's Bilstien took the originals and looked over there spec's and found like spec's from there off the shelf parts to make a set of shocks.
And if my theory is correct in finding correct steering knuckle mount for the coil overs is right all they would have to do is unscrew the current lower mount used to replace it with the new one. As the core of coil over is a threaded tube and is why I believe the coil over system to be virtually universal. I feel that my coil over probably share at least 60% commonality with all the coil overs they make. Its the mounts and spring length and spring rates that makes them different.
Just my theory, I'm no expert.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SRT82ECOBOOST

If the juice was worth the squeeze I would imagine they would be all over this. Alternatively there are probably of plenty other enthusiast platforms that stand a chance of selling far more sets of coilovers and therefore are being addressed to meet future customer needs.

crash712us

Check this out, all though 2013 taurus isn't listed there is a contact below. Maybe worth a try.

http://www.meganracing.com/news.asp?id=81