• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Storm of 2013; Pennsylvania

Started by geswek, December 08, 2013, 02:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

The weather channel told us it was going to be a light dusting today; it's still going, we are somewhere around 5 or 6 inches--cars are all over the place, accidents left and right. It's getting really bad out there!

I decided to take the SHO to a huge unplowed parking lot to take some awesome snow shots. She had no issues plowing the snow and getting out of the parking lot.

I also went out earlier and picked up some stuff at Wawa; the tyres and AWD system continue to impress me. I had the usual spin at take off with the tuned engine, once the AWD kicked in I was gripping and moving along; no issues here.

Rest of the album: https://goo.gl/qHVnlR

Bigfoot

2011 SHO
2013 5.0

geswek

Thanks; I did the best I could. I wanted some super clear stable shots but putting my knee in like 5 inches of snow was not an option.

I still like them--definitely something I will never see again when I move back to Texas next year.

bpd1151

Loved the pics Storm! :ok:

Added a well deserved "thanks" for your posting(s)!

Also pretty cool to hear about how your SHO sled pulled like a mule through the inclimate weather, whilst leaving others behind to fend for themselves. Ha!

Good stuff there Maynard!

geswek

No kidding man!

I watched a woman in front of me slide straight into a boulder earlier when I went to Wawa. I got out to check on her and she was OK; said her car suddenly wouldn't turn LOL. I looked at her tyres and sure enough they were some summer tyres--tsk tsk.

I am utterly amazed at how well the SHO is handling and these tyres are amazing. Thanks for the recommendation Mike!

SHOdded

That thang looks even sweeter in snow!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

haha, thanks SHOdded! I definitely LOVE the photos.

I was contemplating taking them and decided screw it--once in lifetime opportunity.

BiGMaC

Awesome winter fun!  GREAT pics.  Looks meaner in the snow i think.  Thanks geswek!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

geswek

Yes it does; those tyres man--they are BOSS!

I just wish I had gone with the 255 instead of 245; however I did pack quite a bit snow in the wheel wells and afraid that extra 1" or so of sidewall would have cause a little grief.

DJE624

Very nice!  Your black SHO looks great in the snow.  I was hoping to do the same later. 

EDTI- Well, not enough snow here for pictures.

mjhpadi

Great pictures Storm!  Looking good, be careful if you're still out in the SHO..get home before someone hits you! Just started here about 30 minutes ago.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

I'm home sir.

Looks like it stopped.

Did you hear about 50 car accident on turnpike?

Sent from a mobile, I think.

mjhpadi

No haven't heard about the accident. Was it on the East/West turnpike or the Northeast Extension?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

Dxlnt1

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint