• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Baseline pull in my V

Started by EcoPowerParts, December 07, 2013, 07:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Baseline pull in the CTS-V 509HP on 91 octane

Car has not been modified since I bought it 2 weeks ago:
AR Headers
2.55 Pulley
Upgraded Heat exchanger
Someone's tune on 91 octane - tune is locked so we can't access it.

Car will have the following installed this week:
ID1300 injectors
ZL1 lid
Kenne Bell Boost A Pump
Nitrous kit with progressive controller.

Looking for 600+ HP without nitrous and will be spraying a 100 shot at the throttle body.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

What are you going to do about the locked tune?

BiGMaC

Impressive! ... and sweet lookin' too!  If you have 509/465 now... do you plan to retune so you can build on what the dyno tells you after the mods?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

I bought a used ecm and had it matched to my car by a gm tech that came to my house. Car will get a new tune from the shop its at. Doing a flex fuel sensor setup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

DJE624

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

TSS

2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

EcoPowerParts

I forgot to mention, I"m doing the fuel mods so I can run E85. HUGE power gains on this platform for E85. Usually 80-100HP.
We'll see soon enough!
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

I'll be very interested to see the gain with E85... and what has to be done to the fuel system/tune.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 07, 2013, 11:56:45 PM
I'll be very interested to see the gain with E85... and what has to be done to the fuel system/tune.
Factory the V has dual in tank fuel pumps with a fuel computer, you feed it with 15volts (no more) to get an increase out of the pumps.
Install new injectors and you're done, just need a tune.
Recently it was found you could buy the GM Flex fuel sensor and put in a new wire in the PCM that was previously vacant to allow for automatic flex fuel adjustments. You can turn on full flex fuel adjustments from E0 to E100 with a custom timing table that is enabled via HP Tuners. Super cool as I can fill up with E85 then if I can't find it just top off with E10 91 octane and the timing will adjust appropriately. All of this was figured out in the last 6 months so perfect time for me.
600HP on drag radials is good for 10 second passes for most people, we'll see if it works for me. The nitrous will just be a guarantee, some guys with a 100 shot on top of 600HP are trapping over 135 in the 1/4 mile!!!
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

Unbelievably simple sounding.
That's the way to have it... your way (no matter what happens).  Don'tcha just love it when their engineers help you out like that!

SHOdded

I just want to see 600+ UWHP (USABLE WHP), Mike!  That's where you left off with the Flex :)  After that, 1000 UWHP!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on December 08, 2013, 12:28:25 AM
I just want to see 600+ UWHP (USABLE WHP), Mike!  That's where you left off with the Flex :)  After that, 1000 UWHP!!!
Drag radials make things pretty decent, I'll find out in Jan. :)
I also have my M&H drag radials from the Flex 275/50/R17 that will fit, just need to buy some Weld wheels (only ones that will fit) in 17x10's for it, bad thing is they're $1K a pair for the rears :(
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

Your fuel system is the best one GM offers.  It has more capacity than ZL-1.  As I'm sure you've checked, your friends at Squash can help you gain more if needed.Another great source is Greg at Pace Performance.  He personally has a GXP stick with a 2300 Magnacharger and lots of fuel mods etc. Very well versed in this GM supercharged CTS-V (and other GM vehicles with stock SC). From what I understand it is basically a 1900, with rear air inlet.

Isn't it nice how much easier it is to switch ECM's in GM cars!  Are you going to ask original owner about who tuned vehicle?  Would be worth it to have 2 ECM's.  That way, you could have 2 tunes ready, if you decide to run E-10, or have to.  I am able to switch out ECM's in my G8's in a minute.

Does it have a custom CAI?

As for wheels, how about a wheel spacer that moves the wheel out an inch or whatever you need to clear rear brakes?  You can even get them with changed bolt patterns so you could run Ford bolt pattern on your 120 mm pattern Caddy.  Smaller diameter tire like the 17's you had may not have clearance issues with fender, especially if you can firm up rear so it squats less.  I run 17x9.5" Borbets on my 09'G8 with 275 Hoosier DR's.  They are 48 offset (120-63 mm).  Son gave wheels to me.... came off his Firebird T/A.  He has 2 left. Of course I don't have Brembo Calipers.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!