• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Best tablet for datalogging?

Started by QwikSHO, December 03, 2013, 01:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QwikSHO

I know Torque seems to be head and shoulders above most dataloggers, and good 'ol Apple and their proprietary bullsh*t decides they don't want us iPhone/iPad users to get the same benefits Droid users do.

So I'm looking at buying a tablet to download Torque to.   What's the best out there?

I got my eyes on a Nexus 7 and a Samsung Note (I think it was) 8.

Of course tuning wouldn't be the only thing I'd use it for, but primarily it would be for tuning.

With all these sales online going on, now is the best time it seems to buy an Android-based tablet.

DJE624

I'm happy with my Nexus 7.  I wish it had a front facing camera like the new ones do though.

JoeB

I've been wondering this too. There are some pretty cheap off brand ones for under $75. Has anyone had any experience with cheap tablets? As long as it could keep up with torque, I think that's reasonable a nice price to just leave in the car as a bigger screen than a phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

EcoBrick Bob

Whatever you get you need Bluetooth and WiFi..  I picked up at PiPo for around $200. that was 10" quad core and could be modified.  FocalPrice sent me the wrong one ( ordered 32 GB and got 16 GB) so sold it to my son.  Then Picked up on WOOT a Samsung Galaxy Note (10") similar specs (quad core and 16 gb) plus a cover for $292. shipped.  Kick ass tablet!  Both worked great.  Samsung better known but the PIPO after son revved it up is faster.  (PiPo I ordered cost $248. but got a $75. settlement from PayPal due to being wrong model sent). 

Having a 10" if you don't mind spending a bit more allows for either bigger dials or more dials of info with Torque.  Mine is mounted so it mostly covers the Nav screen, when I am using it for testing.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Josephm

12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: Josephm on December 03, 2013, 10:55:56 PM
Why would you need WiFi?

So you can send your logs and data to your tuner. WiFi is usually on most tablets I have looked at.  Most aren't set up for internet.  With WiFi, you can also use some phones ( like my Samsung) to work as a link to the internet via your cell phone provider ( Verizon in my instance).
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.