• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Adding a Processor: Best Bang for the BucK

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 03, 2013, 11:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

After having the suggestion put out there while upgrading the OEM Sony system to include a processor before my amplifiers, what recommendations do people have for best bang for the buck?
Note: Upgraded system will only be front soundstage components and subwoofer
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Lanson

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: Lanson on December 03, 2013, 12:08:52 PM
One vote MS8.
How come I knew that is where you would go. I am hoping for something that comes in a little cheaper.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

EcoPowerParts

I might have to use that in the V and do a sub, system is good but surprisingly not as good as the Flex.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 03, 2013, 12:18:47 PM
I might have to use that in the V and do a sub, system is good but surprisingly not as good as the Flex.
If are looking to go that route, Amazon has them for $443 right now.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on December 03, 2013, 12:24:24 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on December 03, 2013, 12:18:47 PM
If are looking to go that route, Amazon has them for $443 right now.
Things I have to buy and install:
Blacked out headlights
Lower pulley
camshaft

Things I've bought that need to be installed:
Injectors
BAP
ZL1 lid
Nitrous setup from Flex

Once I get that done and have some 10 second slips I'll think about audio. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Kolk1

What about an Audison Bit 10? They tend to be about $400.

I know the Premium Sound Quality shop we have in St Louis, that's the cheapest one they offer. lol

Closest thing Ive used is the Kicker Sum8, and didn't really care for it. Kicker now has a Front Stage(or center stage) processor, and I wouldn't mind trying it out. I get kicker at about 75% off retail, so it would be dirt cheap to "try".

Edit: Kicker is called Front Row. Retail $250, my cost is well under $100. LOL
http://www.kicker.com/FrontRow

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: Kolk1 on December 03, 2013, 02:31:13 PM
What about an Audison Bit 10? They tend to be about $400.

I know the Premium Sound Quality shop we have in St Louis, that's the cheapest one they offer. lol

Closest thing Ive used is the Kicker Sum8, and didn't really care for it. Kicker now has a Front Stage(or center stage) processor, and I wouldn't mind trying it out. I get kicker at about 75% off retail, so it would be dirt cheap to "try".

Edit: Kicker is called Front Row. Retail $250, my cost is well under $100. LOL
http://www.kicker.com/FrontRow
If you can get me one for $100 I will give it a try for you.

Lanson

Front Row looks cool, missing critical features of a processor (and amp channels) but might work, might not.

Was turned off by this line in the "Hype" section , "Simulated 5.1 Surround Sound "
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SRT82ECOBOOST

Not sure if the Kicker Front Row has line level inputs either.

SRT82ECOBOOST

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on December 03, 2013, 02:44:54 PM
Not sure if the Kicker Front Row has line level inputs either.
Just read the manual and looks like it does not require a line level converter.

Lanson

SRT82ECOBOOST

How about some of the Audiocontrol products?

LowFrequencies

2012 F150 XLT 4wd Ecoboost in Tuxedo Black
- Performance: LMS 93 Tune, Airraid CAI, Heartthrob Exhaust, Offroad Package (factory rear locking diff + 3.73 gears)
- Exterior: BDS 6" Suspension Lift + 2" Leveling Kit, 35x12.50r20 Open Country M/T on 20" Ballistic Jesters, 6000k HIDs in High/Low/Fogs, Recon 3rd Brake Light, LED Tails, LEDs, Switchback Turn Signals, Powdercoated Bumpers
- Interior: Hatchie Bottom Armour-Suede seat covers, White Dome LEDs
- Audio: Pioneer AVH-P4400BH Screen pushing Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 Components and 6x8s, Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP with 2x Sundown SA-10s