• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sync Navigation: Poor Performance

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, December 03, 2013, 10:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

I have only had two opportunities to use the navigation in my vehicle and so far both times it has not performed correctly. In both cases my vehicle location has all of sudden jumped off the highway and started traveling about an 1/8 mile off course. Then the system does not correct itself and continually tries to reroute back to the road I am already on. I could see if this was some side road, but instead it is has been I95. Even when I cancel route guidance and reload the destination, it still has my vehicle location incorrect.
Has anyone experienced this behavior?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

DJE624

I've had that happen at least once, maybe twice. I think after a couple turns it corrected it self.

SRT82ECOBOOST

I just saw that there is an update available for the system that specifically addresses this issue. Hoping to do the update tonight.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

BiGMaC

SRT... I had a similar occurrence once in the 2013 P/U and also in the 2009 P/U.  In both cases turning off the engine and letting sync/nav reboot fixed it immediately.

Where did you get the information on the update.  I'd like to check just to stay current.   TIA

Also, I have had 2 occasions on startup that sync called ford and spontaneously updated... doesn't this do the nav also?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

mjhpadi

My navigation has performed great, so good that I couldn't justify purchasing the update since the flyer for the update had mistakes in the updates such as counties in Pennsylvania that didn't exist.  Also when I contacted the software company about these mistakes, I never received an answer, from them or from Ford (and Ford promised to get back to me).  Anyway, the nav in my car works better then any of 3 portable systems I have used....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

vernonator

Quote from: mjhpadi on December 04, 2013, 12:07:00 AM
My navigation has performed great, so good that I couldn't justify purchasing the update since the flyer for the update had mistakes in the updates such as counties in Pennsylvania that didn't exist.  Also when I contacted the software company about these mistakes, I never received an answer, from them or from Ford (and Ford promised to get back to me).  Anyway, the nav in my car works better then any of 3 portable systems I have used....

+1 on this...my '12 is MUCH better than the Garmin it replaced. Once in a great while it will snap you to an adjacent road when they are close together (say a frontage road and highway) but that is more the accuracy of the GPS signal (30ft) than the nav itself.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

EcoBrick Bob

On my 2010.. even with Coastal Lockpick... my Garmin (s) work much easier and better.  I use a garmin 4.3" as my digital  speedometer ( next to A pillar on dash) and when I want to locate motels etc... always use it as it takes much less time and is much more user friendly.  Ford system is very complex and then they made it worse in later years! When the manual for Nav is thicker than the one for the rest of the vehicle... I lose interest.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Just did the SYNC update to Gen 2 3.6 version and one of the highlighted changes is supposed to address the exact issues I have been experiencing. Let's see what happens.

DJE624

Sounds good.  Hope it does the trick.

interceptor

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on December 04, 2013, 06:35:37 PM
Just did the SYNC update to Gen 2 3.6 version and one of the highlighted changes is supposed to address the exact issues I have been experiencing. Let's see what happens.

Did this fix your problem?  I rarely use my navigation, but was in a new area this past weekend.  I too jumped off the road I was on by about 1/8th of a mile a few times. The Navigation could not correct itself and showed me in no mans land, even though I was on an established freeway or major arterial.  It was very frustrating.

'13 SHO, non PP, all other options.  Stock for now.

SHOdded

If a Sync update does not do it, replacing the GPS module might.  Saw that fix over on the Edge forum.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

I havent had this isuue but thtas because i basically dont use it. Unless i stop and pull over to imput info  i cant get the,voice commands to work correctly. But ill keep an eye for this problem in the future
2013 SHO

SRT82ECOBOOST

Since bringing in the SHO to the dealer, the issues with poor vehicle tracking have gone away.

BiGMaC

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on March 25, 2014, 06:32:30 AM
Since bringing in the SHO to the dealer, the issues with poor vehicle tracking have gone away.

What did the dealer do... flash, replace hardware...?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SRT82ECOBOOST

Updated to the latest version of software, which I had already performed at home.