• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A Couple of Questions For Livernois Please

Started by BiGMaC, November 27, 2013, 04:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Hi Randy,

First ... Thanks to livernois and all the staff there for supporting this forum!

I have a 2013 SHO non-PP (but added back all I could individually, I'm in AZ and plan on a tune in the next few months.  I have read the info on your website... but still remain a little confused.   I am a newbie to electronic tuning... so please answer as you would a complete idiot so I'll understand.  Thanks.

On the Mycalibr8tor tuning page for my car:
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/AIW-2013-Taurus-SHO-MyCalibr8or-Tuning-Device.html above the standard disclaimer it says, "For the 2013+ Taurus, only the Non-Touch MyCal is compatible. We offer no tuning for the SCT or Touch Screen MyCal for these cars. Also, our performance tune for these is most closely compared to our 4Plus tune."

Is this is reference to the SCT or touch screen models only?  Does this just mean no custom tunes on these platforms?.. Are the Stage 1-5 all available for the MyCal tuner?

Can you tell me more about XV1 and the anticipated strategy in the tune... should I wait on it?

What are the pros and cons of the different tuners? Do any have to remain attached to the car after the ECU is flashed?

I'm a Mac guy (write software cross platform for a living)... Do I need to get a widows-based laptop? ...OR... Will the program run in an emulator like Parallels desktop or a bootcamp partition with windows on my mac?

I'll have other questions but I don't want to go to 4+ given the "use at your own risk" disclaimer, can't get better than 91 octane without mixing avgas and unleaded, and have to use the car as a daily driver.... but I want the car to be real fun to drive and I love surprising folks at the stoplight!

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Livernois Motorsports

BiGMaC

Got it.. Thanks. I am posting the replies here for the benefit of the forum members and Livernois

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: BiGMaC on: Today at 07:12:28 AM »

« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
For the 2013 SHO we use our mycal device. It is equivalent to stage 4 and 4 plus. 93 octane is a safer tune. As far as XV1 no release date yet, but this will be a race tune without the need for meth. You can do the 93 and 91 tunes now, because once you purchase the device, we offer free tuning and support for life. So when XV1 comes out you can request it and we will email you the files free.

Then I got this as I was confused about the info on 91 vs 93 octane.  I told them AZ has no 93 octane at the pump and I didn't want to wreck my cats mixing race gas or aviation fuel with unleaded....

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: BiGMaC on: Today at 09:31:06 AM
»
Yes we have it in 93 and 91 octane

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

my understanding from Anthoney at LMS is that the XV1 will carry the higher boost closer to the redline / shift point vs now the boost bleeds off after about 5k rpms. Ever notice how your SHO pulls harder after it shifts ? Mine certainly does I call tell my midrange power is a lot stronger under the higher boost and it tapers off as rpms's increase. Ford did it that way for engine safety and they are working on modifying the tunes with the XV1  to allow the higher rpm boost safely.

the amount of power you get will vary with the 91 and 93 tune becasue the 91 will have less timing added and the 93 more....more timing = more power.

someone correct me if I'm wrong but the dyno sheets seems to proove that as some of the graphs I've seen show the power fall off after 5k.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler