• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Backup Sensors Too Loud? - Kolk1

Started by SHOdded, November 23, 2013, 01:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Originally posted by Kolk1

Like your backup sensors, but think they are too loud?? I fixed mine. lol
03-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Ok, I like that my car beeps when I back up and im getting close to something. Maybe there is a volume adjustment on it, besides just OFF, but I wanted mine to still beep, but not be loud like they are now.

This mod took about 5 minutes, and its very simple.

First, Fold down both back seats.
Second, Remove 2 plastic push pins.
3rd, Place a Piece of sound deadening over the 1inch speaker.
4th, reinstall the 2 plastic push pins and you are done.

Ok, I have random pieces of left over dynamat laying around, so thats what I used, but a piece of cloth and some ducttape would also work. You are just trying to muffle that 1inch speaker. IT has a grill, so you dont have to worry about damaging the cone of the speaker. Mine is still easily hearable. You can also test this, by just placing your hand on top of the speaker as well, while its beeping at you.

This is roughly where the speaker is, while still fully assembled

Remove the 2 push pins, and lift up

In this pic, Im pointing to the 1inch speaker, which now has silver dynamat covering the top.

And there you go. If you care or never noticed, now that im talking about it, it will probably bug you. lol
Tags: None
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!