• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hi from Northern VA

Started by J-Will, November 22, 2013, 06:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

I just put in a factory order for a 2014 SHO non-PP in Deep Impact Blue.  I hesitated over which package to get, but for the money I think the driver assist package offers more- to me rotors, gears and springs can be changed out too easily so that only left the steering upgrade with any true value to the performance package; and I live outside DC so parallel parking is a necessity.  The dealership is telling me about 7 weeks (holidays may slide that back some).  It was between this, and the Chevy SS... The Taurus is a better vehicle, Ford has really impressed me lately.  Previously a GM guy, my driveway will soon be all Ford's: 2013 Escape Titanium (fiancee's), 95 Mustang GT vert, and the SHO when it gets here.

So now I'm on here scoping out what I need to do to make it better :)
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

EcoPowerParts

Hi, welcome and thanks for joining. Looks like you'll be having fun around the new years with your new toy. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

SHOdded

Welcome & congratulations!  4DR's right, a very happy New Year heading your way :)  DIB is one sweet color too!  Post some pics of your rides, would love to see them.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Shonuff1140

Welcome to the forum! If the new SS had AWD I would have to have it.

BiGMaC

:hi:

Glad to have you here!

I had the same thought process on packages when I bought my '13 SHO.  The community will definitely have want you're looking for... Enjoy the new ride!  :drive:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Ryan327

Quote from: J-Will on November 22, 2013, 06:47:39 AM
I just put in a factory order for a 2014 SHO non-PP in Deep Impact Blue.  I hesitated over which package to get, but for the money I think the driver assist package offers more- to me rotors, gears and springs can be changed out too easily so that only left the steering upgrade with any true value to the performance package; and I live outside DC so parallel parking is a necessity.  The dealership is telling me about 7 weeks (holidays may slide that back some).  It was between this, and the Chevy SS... The Taurus is a better vehicle, Ford has really impressed me lately.  Previously a GM guy, my driveway will soon be all Ford's: 2013 Escape Titanium (fiancee's), 95 Mustang GT vert, and the SHO when it gets here.

Welcome neighbor.  I would love to check out a SHO, so when you pick it up let me know and we can try and meet up!  Starting to see more and more sports in this area, but haven't seen any SHO's
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

J-Will

Thanks all- cant wait to actually utilize the store here for some parts... you're right, early Jan cant get here soon enough  O0

Quote from: Ryan327 on November 22, 2013, 10:55:28 AM
Quote from: J-Will on November 22, 2013, 06:47:39 AM

Welcome neighbor.  I would love to check out a SHO, so when you pick it up let me know and we can try and meet up!  Starting to see more and more sports in this area, but haven't seen any SHO's

Thanks man, picked it up from Cowel's in Woodbridge.
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

J-Will

Cant wait to detail the new car with some Adam's products.  The slight metallic in the DIB should really come to life after I get my hands on it for a nice weekend. 
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

Ryan327

I got my sport from them as well!  They have great pricing, especially if you go through the internet sales guy Ray Bennett.

SHOdded

Quote from: J-Will on November 22, 2013, 01:15:26 PM
Cant wait to detail the new car with some Adam's products.  The slight metallic in the DIB should really come to life after I get my hands on it for a nice weekend. 

Just make sure you insist on the dealer not prepping the car for delivery when it comes in.  Dealer prep is where the nightmares start for the owner.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: J-Will on November 22, 2013, 01:15:26 PM

Like SHOdded said... don't let them prep it... not even a wash and dry.  I just spent 4 figures for a paint correction on a brand new SHO... all amazing dealer caused paint damage.  I put the 2 day process with before and after pics in another thread found here: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1496.msg17656#msg17656

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Ryan327

I didn't ask them about all that, but they did respect my wishes at Cowles.  I asked that they dont' put on any dealer badging and when I picked it up he even pointed out that they didn't put the sticker or plate frame on so I was happy.

Wasn't happy that I've blown off two hoses since getting it....after my NEW car was picked up with ~60 miles on it after it went through random quality testing by ford.

SHOdded

Not much consolation, but better hoses than oil seals?   :-

BiGMaC

I haven't had any failures to date, but the car had almost 1400 unexplained miles when I took delivery... so they probably had repaired any failed new parts.