• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dyno power gains w/ stock SHO and LMS Stage 4

Started by Fast SHO, November 19, 2013, 08:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast SHO

Just bought a new 2014 PP Dark Side SHO, coming from the V8 world, and have had some difficulty finding a straight answer regarding the gains of the LMS tunes.

What sort of dyno numbers, stock v. tuned, are being had with just the stage IV tune?

Some of my old cars...

Blue 2004 GTO with forged L92 + nitrous:
416 CI L92 GTO on 200 shot N20 goes 10.16!

2003 Cobra with 2.2 KB on Nuerburgring.

2014 SHO PP

DJE624

I gained 45 WHP with Livernois Stage 4+.  That is their most aggressive tune for 2010-2012 at the moment.  The curve on bottom is stock, the one on top is Stage 4+. The middle is Stage 4. 

Fast SHO

That is some really good power under the curve for the 4+.

What sort of longevity issues are there with the 4+?
2014 SHO PP

mjhpadi

Quote from: Fast SHO on November 19, 2013, 11:16:29 AM
That is some really good power under the curve for the 4+.

What sort of longevity issues are there with the 4+?
Not any as far as I am aware of...I've been running the 4+ in my car for almost 2 1/2 years on a daily basis and have not had an issues because of the tune.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SHOdded

Welcome, congratulations, and post some pics of your new acquisition :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

There couple of guys that have nearly 100k on there cars and have been pushing them to the max since new with LMS tunes and hundred of 1/4mi pass with zero failures.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

you guys are just trying to get me to void my powertrain warranty...  :blowup:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 19, 2013, 10:44:41 PM
you guys are just trying to get me to void my powertrain warranty...  :blowup:

The sooner you do it, the less you'll kick yourself later.

Night Hawk

92k here, 50k w LMS 4+ tune  70+ dragstrip runs
2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93

BiGMaC

Impressive night Hawk... Do you have downpipes... If so TIAL or BOV?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TaurusBuilder

I recently installed my tune on my 2012 MKS. Love it. No problems so far(I've got 8k miles). I've also had a 2011 SHO in the past that had stage 4, I bet the crap out of that car and never had a issue.

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

Fast SHO

I assume this tuner is what I would need and then contact LMS to have it unlocked and a new tune sent to me?

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1488.0
2014 SHO PP

Fast SHO

I wonder how the car will handle the stage IV+ and blasting down the autobahn consistently at 120mph?

:)
2014 SHO PP

DJE624

I'm sure it will feel right at home.  If you are in Germany, I'm hoping LMS can unlock and tune remotely.  I know they will email you a link to your tunes but never heard if they need hands on to clear the old vehicle.  Did you check with them?