• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tuning for race gas...110+ octane

Started by Joewee3.5, November 12, 2013, 09:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joewee3.5

I currently have a tune that Torrie at Unleashed made for me after many back and forth logs and about $100 spent on race gas.  I haven't made it to the track with this tune but it definitely is the strongest feeling tune I have.  The questions I have are related to boost and fueling.  The tune holds 21-22psi through much of 2nd and all the way through 3rd.  Torrie says everything is good so I'm assuming I have enough fuel to run that boost.  So, if I were to upgrade turbos would I be able to run 21-22 psi with new turbos as long as it was race gas and would that increase power with the larger turbos?   Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance. 
2011 f150 platinum Ecoboost 4x4- LMS catless pipes, LMS/unleashed tunes, AFe stg1 intake, 4" corsa exhaust
1/4- 13.52@99
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 Laramie Limited

Josephm

Do you have any logs? That would be where it tells you if you have fuel pressure issues.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Joewee3.5 on November 12, 2013, 09:10:37 PM
I currently have a tune that Torrie at Unleashed made for me after many back and forth logs and about $100 spent on race gas.  I haven't made it to the track with this tune but it definitely is the strongest feeling tune I have.  The questions I have are related to boost and fueling.  The tune holds 21-22psi through much of 2nd and all the way through 3rd.  Torrie says everything is good so I'm assuming I have enough fuel to run that boost.  So, if I were to upgrade turbos would I be able to run 21-22 psi with new turbos as long as it was race gas and would that increase power with the larger turbos?   Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance. 
No way to tell, the trucks have more fueling BUT Mat@Morkin with his turbos is out of fuel and working on a stop gap so I would guess you will be as well. :(
Remember it's not about boost levels either, I made 460HP at 23psi with small turbos and 500HP at 15psi with the ATP turbos, it's about CFM. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Joewee3.5

How bout some turbos then lol.  Ill take 18-20psi with 60mm turbos.
2011 f150 platinum Ecoboost 4x4- LMS catless pipes, LMS/unleashed tunes, AFe stg1 intake, 4" corsa exhaust
1/4- 13.52@99

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Joewee3.5 on November 12, 2013, 09:56:08 PM
How bout some turbos then lol.  Ill take 18-20psi with 60mm turbos.
I'm anxiously awaiting to announce the F150 ATP turbos, trust me!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FoMoCoSHO

Joe, what kind of rail pressure are you seeing? My car has a crap load of rail pressure, Ive see almost 2700 PSI before. I'm still trying to find out why as Fords specs show max as 2150.

05yellowgt

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on November 12, 2013, 09:47:37 PM
Quote from: Joewee3.5 on November 12, 2013, 09:10:37 PM
No way to tell, the trucks have more fueling BUT Mat@Morkin with his turbos is out of fuel and working on a stop gap so I would guess you will be as well. :(
Remember it's not about boost levels either, I made 460HP at 23psi with small turbos and 500HP at 15psi with the ATP turbos, it's about CFM. :)
+1  It all comes down to a given volume of air going into the cylinders requiring a given amount of fuel injected in whatever shape or form (DI only, DI with supplimental Meth, DI with supplemental port injection, etc) to reach the desired Air Fuel ratio.  Bigger turbos can deliver a denser air charge (equating to a larger volume of air) at equivalent Boost measurements (which is nothing more than a measurement of restriction), which mean that you need more fuel to hit your target AFR.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

Joewee3.5

So the bigger turbos at the same psi will need more fuel to get the right afr.  Ill roll around at less psi on bigger turbos....I'm cool with that. 
1/4- 13.52@99