• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque Knock PID - may have some progress...

Started by ecoboostsho, November 08, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

Ahhh...the extra space. That would do it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Larrylu

Weird X 2 because I had the extra space between the SIGNED and the (  also. Can't wait to try it out now. Thanks for letting me look over your shoulders and copy your test answers!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

glock-coma

Still saw +6.5-7 today driving through the baby mountains/ hills of west virgina.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ShoBoat

Quote from: glock-coma on June 14, 2014, 09:46:06 PM
Still saw +6.5-7 today driving through the baby mountains/ hills of west virgina.

It does seem high, On mine it never goes over 2. And that happens vary rarely, I would want to confirm with another scan tool for piece of mind. When I did a data log with Forscan over a 30 min drive it only pulled timing 3 or 4 times and to a max of 2. (Spirited driving) Adding timing, that is a different story. That happens all the time.

Or if someone with more experience can chime in on the severity of the +7.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

+7 at full throttle would be bad. Still seems like a lot for part throttle as well. I get the same results as Shoboat.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

SHOdded

Time for some datalogging with the SCT, glock?  BTW, were you able to find 93 throughout your trip?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

It's definitely not at full throttle.
Very little throttle in 6th gear on a hill.
I'm in the market for a laptop so hopefully data logging will be soon.
No problems finding 93 yet. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Larrylu

To update I'm seeing a max of 4 or 5 both plus and minus and not at substantial load.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Brucelinc

Quote from: Larrylu on July 17, 2014, 07:14:24 AM
To update I'm seeing a max of 4 or 5 both plus and minus and not at substantial load.

Larry, are you seeing much difference in this measurement between the 4X and 4+ that you were running before?

Larrylu

Very good question Bruce. I don't think I had this PID operational before the 4X. Under acceleration though I seem reliably to get timing added in. I'm not watching at the right time to see the positive reading but I'm theorizing maybe when it's lugging some like low throttle without downshift. At any rate it's not exceeding the amount the car can handle so I imagine it's not a problem....IDK.

ecoboostsho

I see a max of 3-4 on my 4x but only under lugging throttle conditions. It adds timing at light throttle and only see a blip at wot. I got pretty similar results with the 4+ tune as well under moderate loads, although I usually never had any knock under WOT with the 4+. Its a bit more aggressive but still seems fine to me.

wasinger3000

Corn will cure the knock. I never see knock anymore.  The most I've recorded was .5.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 17, 2014, 09:30:39 AM
Corn will cure the knock. I never see knock anymore.  The most I've recorded was .5.
I'm pretty sure running larger concentrations of ethanol in a pre 2013 that has been tuned is a bad idea...our fuel pump isn't as good as yours! ;) yes...I'm jealous.

SHOnUup

On my 2011 I can't get a +knock reading with trying to produce it with erratic pedal play at all speeds. Only time I get timing pulled is under a full wot from a dead dig, it jumps from -.5 to +.5 then....if gradually entering wot it adds timing the whole time...
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.