• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GDI Injectors coming!!

Started by SHODYOU, November 08, 2013, 12:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHODYOU

http://www.stangtv.com/features/sema-coverage/sema-2013-deatschwerks-in-line-fuel-pump-and-gdi-inhjectors/

Cliffs: DeatschWerks will be releasing 1700cc injectors (~30% increase) for 3.5 EB engines.

Huge step for us!
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Josephm

There's no pump for them? Making a bigger river with the same amount of water is pointless
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHODYOU

Obviously this shows the parts are coming.  This is just another piece of the puzzle.  You gotta be happy about that.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

SRT82ECOBOOST

Even without a pump upgrade, will the fuel system be able to deliver more fuel with these injectors?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

EcoPowerParts

We'll see, dealer request SENT! :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SRT82ECOBOOST

I am not a fluid flow engineer, but I can only speculate that a constant value fuel pressure flows more through a large orifice than a small orifice.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

ecoboostsho

Correct...but if it flows too much for the pump you lose your constant pressure and then end up flowing less than you expect...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Josephm

I am with you, they don't release injectors, without a pump somewhere near in the future. This is a big break through, the mazdaspeed plat forum has been waiting a long time for bigger injectors, and we got them.

This is a good step towards 500hp, with a just tune and 50/50 E85 with monstrous amounts of torque
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Needmoreboost

Awesome!!!  Finally can now run more boost without having to wire in and install meth injection.  Less complicated and less of a chance of failure via empty tank/electrical/pump etc. 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

SwampRat

This is something I will definitely want to get ..... A little leary about the whole meth thing  :smiley5:

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products/fuel-injectors/modern-muscle/ford
3.5 ecoboost NEXT !!
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

05yellowgt

Do we actually know what kind of duty cycle the stock injectors are running at?  I'm afraid that we might find out the HPFP is giving up before the injectors are. Larger injectors will flow more at a given pulse width and pressure, but if the pumps are already failing to keep up with stock injectors, then they will only make the problem worse.

Does anyone know if pulse width, injector slope, etc can be logged with Live Link or Torque? If we can log these then we can calculate injector duty cycle based on a given rpm.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

FoMoCoSHO

I haven't seen anything in Torque to log those...

TaurusBuilder

This is really inspiring. Surely they won't make injectors without a pump. They have to go together. Let's hope this is out around tax time.

Soon to be fastest MKS on the planet!
Mods: Magnaflow exhaust with cut-outs, Ecoboost hot pipes with BOV, Injen intake, Livernois 4+ tune,LMS downpipes,NGK spark plugs, 170 thermostat, RK sport roof spoiler........lots more to come

TouchOfEvil

My Sport is having issues running the livernois tune via the fuel rail pressure is dropping at 4500rpms then having to rebuild to proper levels. So larger injectors will not help me at this point.

Are there no pumps we could swap in and do a little fab work to make it fit/mate up for a proper install....diesel pump....something?
2014 XSport