• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Continuing with the blackout (pics)

Started by Darkside, October 30, 2013, 05:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkside

Since my daughter was born on the East coasts biggest blackout (back in 08/2003) I figured I would make a blackout Sho.  So far I've had: all the windows tinted, chrome accents painted matching black, black Sho overlays over the Ford ovals.  Now I just put on the light cover vinyl.  Still need the rear bumper reflectors done since they forgot to ship them.  Planning on all black wheels for the spring.

2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

DJE624

SHOdded

Got lifts set up at home?  Nice!  And oh yeah, welcome to KITT Darkside style :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

Totally murdered, but I think I am more envious of the 2 lifts in the garage. I wish I could do but I don't have the altitude to install one.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

steve142857

Looks nice! I believe I could drive a car like yours here in Quebec for about 1 hour before I get pull over by cops. Front windows tinted , tail lights and front lights tinted = illegal. Not where you live? I agree with Chris, I envy most your lifts! Cool
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

TouchOfEvil

2014 XSport

SD13SHO

Darkside..." black Sho overlays over the Ford ovals."   I have been looking for these, can you post where you found them?  Thanks in advance. The stealth look does wonders for the SHO. Very nice.
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time"

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

Darkside

The lifts are my favorite car mod Ive purchased.  Hate having a small garage and hoping to build a 6 car in the next house.

The overlays are from justdecalit .com .  Really good to work with whatever you want.  The only negative is the ford script is raised and you can see it slighty when up close.  Still a big improvement to me.

The tint and covers havent gotten me pulled over yet, probably at some point.  The led tails are super bright so the covers dont cut down much light.  Between the tinted windshield and headlight covers its definately tougher to see at night.  Fortunately I dont drive much at night.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

BiGMaC

The car looks super!  It's the direction I'm headed. Who made your overlays? ... Can i borrow those lifts?  8)

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

WOW! Looks sick! :bow:

I'm not customarily a true, die-hard fan of the all black "murdered out look" as it's so over done and I see it quite regularly here in the Chi-Town area, but IDK, something about yours just looks sssssooooooo good!

Nicely executed! :thumb:

Now, funny story, my youngest daughter just walked past me sitting at the island in the kitchen, and she saw me expand, and then aimlessly stare off into space, the image of your SHO parked in what appears to be your own personal house/garage..... and those lifts.....  :hypo:  :eyecrazy:

She says out loud, and I quote: "Keep dreaming Dad, there's NO WAY Mom's letting you get those".

My reply to her.... "Oh man, if you only knew.... you and Sister's go make lots of money and take care of your old man, and someday that could be my Christmas gift from you girls".

She rolled her eyes, in a fashion that can only be performed exactly like her Mother would roll her eyes at me, and at that, we both just laughed and carried on with our business.

Too funny I tell 'ya.

Drool

Darkside

Just go work some more side jobs, always been my theory.  The lifts have kept my sanity with having a 2 car garage.

2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

HKMediaChicago

That looks fantastic!
I love the lifts in your stable ;)
www.hkmediachicago.com
www.linkedin.com/in/jefferyliu
www.youtube.com/TofuProductionCinema

Frozen Taurus

2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon