• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Molded custom fibergass Subwoofer encloser

Started by SwampRat, October 27, 2013, 09:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Does any one know of any aftermarket  OR CUSTOM MADE sub enclosure  that will fit in flush against the rear seats   ... with the subs firing forward ??
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

A quality car audio shop will build you what you need As a One off.
I know the shop I deal with does.  They can build the box to fit the exact size you need to fit and for the type of sub you want to run..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Josephm

Caraudio.com in the classifieds make a post; Someone will build you a really nice one, tuned to what ever you want. And you will be able to find a sub for a lot cheaper than buying new and a LOT better than any shop. Those guys will help you out
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Lanson

Just FYI acoustically, subs would sound better (ie louder for a given amount of power) facing backward for pretty much every vehicle.  This is well documented, reviews and studies done are on the web if you want to look into it.

I really don't agree with going to caraudio.com, but if you can find a particular individual that you trust, then sure.  Caraudio.com is just another forum, and for what it's worth, there are lots (and lots) of those, some better than others.  Car Audio Junkies, Mobile Sound Science, DIYMA, etc are the ones I belong to or have in the past.  Point is, it is the person not the place. 

If you are local, I'll take the job.  But I'm in Vegas and you are in Tulsa.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SRT82ECOBOOST

Anyone given thought to a hidden box in the fix a flat area?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Lanson

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on October 27, 2013, 11:32:53 PM

For my Flex, the spare tire well was the destination for my subs.  I glassed the bottom and built up a strong top and that box has been with me through 2 Flexes.  A "keeper".  The spare tire well was the ONLY place suitable for me and my needs.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Shonuff1140

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on October 27, 2013, 11:32:53 PM

JL Audio makes a nice one.