• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Passenger airflow, blend door related?

Started by 04goat, October 17, 2013, 09:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04goat

Guess I'll take this post to also introduce myself, a new 2010 SHO owner. More on to come later.  Just picked up my car a week ago, and much to my dismay already have my first issue.

Passenger side heat stopped working, so I read blend door actuator.  But before replacing try to reset everything and unplug the battery for 15 minutes.  I did so and magically the heat came back on (as well as cold) on both sides...great!!

Except, now I notice the air flow out of the passenger vents, window, dash, and floor all seem to be substantially lower than the drivers side.  Is the natural, or another effing blend door issue?

This is my first Ford product, after swearing off GM.  After one week, and this, wondering what else is to come.
Toys: 2004 M6 Barbados Blue GTO w/mods - Sold
1937 Ford stake truck  My great grandfathers truck

Drivers: 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition
2010 SHO, 402b, contour seats, nav, & 20's

EcoBrick Bob

I had the blend door issue on my Flex... but it was just making a ratcheting sound when I started the car.  From what I understand, the one behind the glove compartment, which is the one that failed on me, switches between A/C  and heat, but I may be wrong.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

bpd1151

The blend door issue is fairly common place. Especially for the 1st year (2010) in which the SHO was reintroduced.

Although I understand it can be frustrating, certainly reasonable if you picked up a used, soon to be 4yr old car.

But then again, you'd think the seller would've disclosed that, or if it was a Dealer, that they would've done an overall check up from A to Z prior to placing in the lot for sale.

Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy some trouble free miles before the next repair creeps up.

Good luck and enjoy.

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

mval

04goat:
as a '10 owner to say it's common is an understatement, I'm on my 3rd & hopefully last one. Only real problem that I've had beside the visor rattle, which is gone since they replaced visor. Don't get down on your SHO, I'm a longtime Mopar convert so have had lots of experience with car issues.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

bpd1151

I agree...... I was (still kind of am) a MOPAR nut myself.

Hell, my heavily modified, multiple award winning '07 Charger, was ready to be shipped by rail to SEMA back in 2009, until the untimely double rollover collision that killed it.

I'm not brand loyal by any means, and have owned a bunch of cars during my years of ownership, both Domestic & Foreign, all have had their quirks.

To say any particular model was bullet proof would be misleading.

Especially in the used car market. Things are bound to creep up.

So take care of it, move on, and enjoy the ride in your SHO! :ok:

"Sent while on the road, burn'n meth, screeching tires, winding out the gears, & push'n the twins"

EcoBrick Bob

If you blend door problem is the one behind the glove box, you can get it on Ebay from Tasca for under $20.  It took me about 3 minutes to install.  Squeeze sides of glove box and box tilts all the way down so you can get at it.  Two screws hold it in. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.