• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Black Chrome Wheels???

Started by 01silverbullet, October 12, 2013, 10:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I like them better than the flowers.  You need to send them the same optional stock 20's (like a core) from the '14s.  Or forfeit the $1000 deposit.  If you just want to buy them, I'd call them.  The ad says they only charge $149 shipping for outright sales.

Lanson

They are nice but they are, by comparison, VERY expensive.  Sure, you get a core return but think about it, they still cost $1800!  For a 20x8.  In high offset.

For $1800 you could buy many variety of wheels, either staggered or standard, and you can go much wider and better offset with aftermarket as well.

Just consider those things.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SHOdded

It does look SLICK.  But cost-wise, what Lanson said :)  If you really like it though, mock it up first and see if you can live with it for a while.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

01silverbullet

I know they are expensive but they are different...  I have a question about mustang wheels...  Will a wheel like this fit based on the offset???

Has anyone run wheels with these specs?

DJE624

Somebody was looking at those last week.  Check some of the wheel threads. 

TSS

I have permachromes on my mks. I absolutely love them and how durable they are through MI winters.. With that said, I saw the chromed black rims when I got mine (I physically drove there and turned in my rims when I got the new ones so there was no waiting for core returns and so forth), but in person they just didn't look as good as I had hoped. They also told me, to their credit, that there were a lot of variance is between the wheels in terms of darkness.   This was about 1.5 years ago so maybe things improved.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: 01silverbullet on October 13, 2013, 09:58:21 AM
I know they are expensive but they are different...  I have a question about mustang wheels...  Will a wheel like this fit based on the offset???

The only thing I can add is that Tire Rack has a couple +30mm offset 20" rims that they say will fit. I am going to try the 18's for a winter set up.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Lanson

Quote from: 01silverbullet on October 13, 2013, 09:58:21 AM

Those are +30 offset, 8.5" wide.  They will be almost flush on the back end (much more than stock), while poking just a bit on the front end.  Nothing to be scared about though, IMO. 

Those are some heavy sonofabitches though, I've heard.  Just a quick thought, you could have a set of Nurburgrings (staggered or standard, with staggered being even more awesome) custom-painted in black chrome, or any color you want just about. 

Another option would be the Forgestar offerings, which offer custom offset and width as well as custom paint options. 

You could also look at Avant Garde, XO, Giovanna / WTW line (with a nod to the new RL series being very light, and strong), Concept One, Vossen, Incurve, Concavo, MRR and their sub brands and ..well I could go on but the list is pretty big when i comes to good - to - excellent basic cast wheels.

With just about any of them, custom painting and coating is acceptable for an extra fee.

I remember seeing on Camaro5.com, a gorgeous set of deep piano-gloss black Nurburgrings in staggered 20".  That was a beautiful setup.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

Lanson