• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Error 5A when attempting to flash new tunes

Started by Boosted13, October 08, 2013, 08:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSHO

I don't have my Sport right now but will have to check that not supported info. Mine has been reflashed back to stock for a few days and reflashed with a tune and all is fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

DJE624

Oh well.  We gave it hell.  I am surprised that my firmware is only one digit older.

Boosted13

Quote from: JeffsSport on October 08, 2013, 09:44:22 PM
I don't have my Sport right now but will have to check that not supported info. Mine has been reflashed back to stock for a few days and reflashed with a tune and all is fine.

K.... Nice looking Sport BTW! 
2013 Flex Limited ECB
Air Raid Cold Air Kit
LMS Tuned

Boosted13

Quote from: DJE624 on October 08, 2013, 09:47:05 PM
Oh well.  We gave it hell.  I am surprised that my firmware is only one digit older.

I do appreciate the help VERY much and I'll be sure and update once I know what's what.
2013 Flex Limited ECB
Air Raid Cold Air Kit
LMS Tuned

BlueSHO

Thanks..let us know what Livernois says..At least your not shutdown from starting..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

Boosted13

Quote from: JeffsSport on October 08, 2013, 09:54:07 PM
Thanks..let us know what Livernois says..At least your not shutdown from starting..

Oh man, I was really worried about that. After I disconnected the tuner, I'm thinking "Uh oh! What if she won't start now?!?"  But it fired right up, and I went for a drive and it seemed fine. :)
2013 Flex Limited ECB
Air Raid Cold Air Kit
LMS Tuned

BlueSHO

Oh man, I was really worried about that. After I disconnected the tuner, I'm thinking "Uh oh! What if she won't start now?!?"  But it fired right up, and I went for a drive and it seemed fine. :)
[/quote]

Except for being way down on power..lol

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SoCalSHO

Can you reload your tunes onto your programmer? If it says the file is corrupted, then reloading should solve it.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

BlueSHO

Did you get it fixed?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

DJE624

He must be working on it.  I pm'ed him a while ago asking.

Boosted13

Sorry guys, been at work and didn't have my login info for the forums.

Just want to say this- The people at LMS are AWESOME. Anthony responded to me right away this morning, and the issue was one of the tunes had corrupt data, and that causes the MyCal to not allow you to continue the process. So Anthony first sent me an update that wipes the Mycal clean and unlocks it. Then he sent me a fresh .msi file. I went to flash the Flex and I could tell right away it was going to work, because it gave me the option to select which tune I wanted. I selected the 93 octane tune, let the process execute and it said SUCCESS. Then I went for a little ride.

HOLY CRAP!!! It's like a different vehicle!!!! I've been racing a long time and have a bunch of hotrods, so I am usually pretty good at judging "seat of the pants" feel. It feels like mid-13's. I'll find out soon enough.
What also is nice is that overall driveability is great. It does shift harder and I'm told it will adjust with some seat time. Really caught me off-guard when the tires broke loose from a dig. On the interstate in pulls like crazy. If you have a Flex ECB, and have been thinking about going with a tune, DO IT! I thought it was quick before but WOW....!

I want to thank you guys for helping me, and I want to give props to Livernois Motorsports for the great customer service. I never once had the feeling that Anthony was irritated with me and my questions, and he responded instantly to my emails and when I asked him to call me, it couldn't have been 5 minutes from when I sent the email that my phone rang.

When I have real-world results to share, I'll post up.

I'm one happy camper!!!! 
2013 Flex Limited ECB
Air Raid Cold Air Kit
LMS Tuned

DJE624

Glad to hear the great news!  I had to laugh when I read your "Holy Crap" comment.  Glad you are happy with the tune and that things worked out easily. 

Boosted13

Quote from: DJE624 on October 09, 2013, 06:53:02 PM
Glad to hear the great news!  I had to laugh when I read your "Holy Crap" comment.  Glad you are happy with the tune and that things worked out easily.

It's funny because as I pulled out of the lot, I'm thinking "Wonder if this is really going to make much difference?" and when I nailed it, it pulled so hard out of the hole, HOLY CRAP is exactly what I said out loud.
I can't exaggerate- the difference is like night and day. This isn't a little improvement, it feels like a different Flex with a bigger motor....! 
2013 Flex Limited ECB
Air Raid Cold Air Kit
LMS Tuned

BlueSHO

Sounds great. Glad they took care of you quickly and correctly. When my Sport tune was first loaded I was like you in that I didn't think it would make a lot of difference but WOW it was amazing especially when it barked the tires on the 1-2 shift.

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra