• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout #13

Started by ROCOB, October 04, 2013, 06:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROCOB

Hello All,

I wanted to put this out there for anyone interested.  SSHS13 will be held at Atlanta Dragway on Saturday, November 2nd, 2013.  It is located in Commerce, GA, about an hour north of downtown Atlanta on I-85. 

This premier event, will settle on the drag strip which two ton Mopar, GM, or Ford heavyweight has what it takes to win two bracket racing ET classes,  Pro Street, 12.00 Index class, and the Big Dog all-out heads up class.

This event will match some of the fastest Chargers, 300Cs, Impalas, Caprices, Mark VII's, Mark VIII's, Marauders, SHO'S, and Crown Vics on the planet, along with any other heavyweight domestic car or truck weighing in at 4000 pounds or more with driver.  That would also make some late model heavyweight pony cars like the Camaro SS, Challenger R/T, and the Mustang GT 500 eligible to compete if you meet the 4000 pound with driver weight requirements.

The SSHS will have some pretty fast movers. We have had some 9 second cars in the past.  If anyone is interested I encourage you to visit the website. 

http://sshs13.ecirs.org/home

2013 402A PP
White Platinum Metallic
K&N Flat Panel Filter, otherwise stock

SHODYOU

Awesome... I think I may be able to fit this in.
Its a 3-3.5 hour drive for me, which isn't too bad.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

shoman04

Quote from: SHOdded on October 04, 2013, 06:56:15 PM
... waiting for shoman04 to chime in ...
Quote from: ROCOB on October 04, 2013, 07:07:20 PM
It is a lot of fun.  I've been going for a few years and I never leave disappointed.  I have a friend that has gone 9.628@140.12 in a 03 Mercury Marauder.  I believe that a twin turbo impala won it last year.  I hope some of y'all can attend. 
I have been busy but I will be there METH-UP!!!!!  Ready to get my DANCE-ON!!!!  :mike1:   We got to let akhowell (Jesper Ga) 770airportguy(Atl GA) know to.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

shoman04

ROCOB. 2Q) "Any combination power adder permitted"
                     "Electronics prohibited!"

1) My METH is a pwr-add permitted YES?
                    2) Will ALKY control box be Electronics?
                    3) What is driveshaft loop? never had to have that before?
                          "Usually, even a relatively highly modified late model car can pass tech easily. If you're running a 13.99 or quicker, you'll need to have a _driveshaft loop and a helmet with you. If you are doing better than a 11.99, things get substantially more complicated (roll cage, firesuit, extinguisher, etc). The tech inspector will write your cars number on your side and front windows where it will be visible to the tower."
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

ROCOB

ROCOB. 2Q) "Any combination power adder permitted"
                     "Electronics prohibited!"

1) My METH is a pwr-add permitted YES?
                    2) Will ALKY control box be Electronics?
                    3) What is driveshaft loop? never had to have that before?
                          "Usually, even a relatively highly modified late model car can pass tech easily. If you're running a 13.99 or quicker, you'll need to have a _driveshaft loop and a helmet with you. If you are doing better than a 11.99, things get substantially more complicated (roll cage, firesuit, extinguisher, etc). The tech inspector will write your cars number on your side and front windows where it will be visible to the tower."
[/quote]

1. Pretty sure they don't classify meth as a power adder, other guys will be running it an it has never been questioned.

2. I believe the electronics they are referring to are delay devices.  Pretty sure the alky control box will be fine.

3. Driveshaft safety loop is required for the high horsepower rear wheel driven cars.  I've never heard of them on AWD platforms.  In the past I've seen SRT/8 Jeeps and AWD Volvo's and I am pretty sure they did not have driveshaft safety loops.

You can always reach out to the event coordinator for definitive guidance.
2013 402A PP
White Platinum Metallic

EcoPowerParts

I so wanted to attend this when I had my old Impala SS 12+ years ago.
I'm moving to TN in the summer so I'll have to attend next year!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Is this a permanent move for you Mike, is AZ really gonna have to do without you?  :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on October 05, 2013, 04:25:36 PM
Is this a permanent move for you Mike, is AZ really gonna have to do without you?  :)
This should be my retirement home that I'm buying. Looking for 30-50 acres around Nashville that I can build a shop, put in a dyno and lift as well as make a "track" long enough to test 60' hits at my house :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

How the heck did you pluck this place outta my dreams???  :drive:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

scap99

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on October 05, 2013, 05:52:45 PM
This should be my retirement home that I'm buying. Looking for 30-50 acres around Nashville that I can build a shop, put in a dyno and lift as well as make a "track" long enough to test 60' hits at my house :)

Dammit, man!
Sounds like a slice of heaven.  8)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

shoman04

I want come up!!!!!! Best I HOPE FOR IS SHOP WITH A LIFT when I retire.LOL

scap99

Quote from: shoman04 on October 05, 2013, 09:29:23 PM
I want come up!!!!!! Best I HOPE FOR IS SHOP WITH A LIFT when I retire.LOL

I can identify with that..... 8)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

shoman04

It is a lot of fun.  I've been going for a few years and I never leave disappointed.  I have a friend that has gone 9.628@140.12 in a 03 Mercury Marauder.  I believe that a twin turbo impala won it last year.  I hope some of y'all can attend. 
ROCOB How many of us have said we will be there?

ROCOB

Quote from: SHODYOU on October 04, 2013, 07:47:55 PM
Quote from: shoman04 on October 16, 2013, 09:17:20 PM

I have not seen anyone with an ecoboost platform sign up yet.  However, I have learned over the years more people than those listed on the participants page will be racing.
So far, two people have registered that are racing rentals  :beer2:

https://sites.google.com/a/ecirs.org/sshs13/registration/participants

SHODYOU posted that he may be attending.

I have not registered.........yet ;D

2013 402A PP
White Platinum Metallic

shoman04

Quote from: ROCOB on October 17, 2013, 06:59:01 AM

I have not seen anyone with an ecoboost platform sign up yet.  However, I have learned over the years more people than those listed on the participants page will be racing.

Quote from: ROCOB on October 17, 2013, 06:59:01 AM

I register Friday but the participants post have not been updated.