• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

tire sensor light on after tire rotation

Started by akhowell, October 01, 2013, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akhowell

rotated the tires Sunday evening and today the wife goes to savannah and the light came on and has stayed on all day, she checked the pressures and they are good. any thoughts?

DJE624

I have had my TMPS note on and off since I bought the car.  After my last oil change, the mechanic was able to get it off.  And, I witnessed him getting a signal from each corner.  But it came back a few days later.  I'm just living with it until I take the car back in sometime.  I know the batteries are supposed to have a 5 year life but that is questionable.  I think mine must be an intermittent  signal.

SD13SHO

I would check your spare tire. It also has a sensor. Worth a shot.
"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill every time"

2015 Mustang EchoBoost

akhowell

its a PP car so no spare, and its only a 2012 so don't know about the battery, and did not have any lights until rotation. so i am not sure i talked to the wife today and its still on.

SHOdded

Tire pressures actually all measure good?  Could be a damaged sensor too.  Or simply need retraining for some unknown reason.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

akhowell

at the moment i am not home but my wife checked the pressures and said they were good. just funny there were no problems before the rotation. i just dont know.

DJE624

Wild guess-Sensors have to be relearned after rotation.

You could disconnect battery.  That should reset.  Then see if they come on again. 

turbodave

Quote from: DJE624 on October 02, 2013, 07:20:47 PM
Wild guess-Sensors have to be relearned after rotation.

You could disconnect battery.  That should reset.  Then see if they come on again.
Wild but not accurate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

2012 Lincoln MKT 3.5 Ecoboost AWD..... Fully Loaded minus active park assist and tow package.
Chrystal Champagne

86 Buick Grand National
87 Buick Grand National
01 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

EcoBrick Bob

Sensors absolutely have to be re-learned after rotation or switch of any kind.  Dealer can do this for you, or your local tire store, or you can buy a device on e-bay to allow you to do this for under $30.  I have one and it has always worked every time...
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

crash712us

I disagree, I have 2 set of tires rotate them all the time never had to have them relearned. And so far I havent had to have tire relearned when changing for summer tires to winter or vise versa. My guess is your wife may not be the ideal person to have check tire pressure. Maybe I am wrong not trying to be critical of her cause she is a lady. But if I relied on my wife to check my tires I'd be driving with 3 flats and 1 at 100psi.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

akhowell

i have shown her how to do it...but there is no telling.

EcoBrick Bob

I have 3 sets of tires with Ford TPMS for my Flex... EVERY time I switch between them the TPMS light comes on at 20-30 mi.... Thats EVERY time.. in my 2010... NO exceptions... 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SHODYOU

I have also rotated twice with no issues...
Anyone know the range of the tpms? As far as how much low (or high) the pressure has to be to set em off?

My sis' Range Rover goes off anything above or below about 5psi... ours dont seem to be as sensitive, I run 42psi (to make short tire meet load index) and mine stay off but we prob don't have any indicator of "over inflation"
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

EcoBrick Bob

Will be switching between similar size wheels/tires shortly, maybe that will be different.

akhowell

thanks for all the input guys i will be heading home tomorrow so i will find out then.