• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Explorer Sport Baseline

Started by CooperS7777, September 27, 2013, 01:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooperS7777

Figured Id post this here as well.  This was a baseline on our 2014 Explorer Sport.  Temps were approximately 75?, fuel was 87 octane and the car rolled 3,000 miles on the dyno, car is BONE STOCK.

Max whp 288.77 and max wtq 298.69

I plan on getting a "base" 93 octane pull when I get home next month, as well as a pull on the Lund SS tune and Lund 91 octane tune.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR
2006 TBSS "The Van" - Blown 416 LS3
A slew of other boring toys

hindi1973

That's pretty sweet with a tune only i am sure you will be in the 330-340whp and 400tq with the ss tune , I am also waiting for more work and testing to be done for my new explorer because i want a complete package , I dislike one mod at a time hehehehe :) the question is  for our models shall we add an intake system or not ? Because their isn't a true cold air intake system yet and just by adding the usual k&n or airraide we might get a better sounding car but less performance since IAT gets higher with intake models out now due to the fact they suck the engine bay heat and not close by a vented spot like true cold air intake systems.

did you notice when you in the highway their is a slight vibration or movement in the rear seats even in a straight clear road?

good luck

SHOdded

Boost seems to be holding well!  Is the exhaust a power restriction, or will it become one with the new tunes?  Definitely keep us updated :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CooperS7777

I probably wont do anything with the intake on this.  Your 100% correct about the options for it now in that there are no gains to be had, and Im much more of a function over form type person.  Sounds are cool, but certainly not at the cost of performance.

Ive found that in most all applications - unless a modified intake is required (different turbo(s), blower, throttle body, etc.) or unless you can actually move the intake into the path of cooler air, stock performs the best.

We've done several long road trips so far, and I haven't noticed any vibrations in the rear seats.  Generally the third row is folded flat, and we have captains chairs in the second row.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

CooperS7777

Quote from: SHOdded on September 27, 2013, 05:27:39 AM
Boost seems to be holding well!  Is the exhaust a power restriction, or will it become one with the new tunes?  Definitely keep us updated :)

Yea it held really well, and for back to back pulls with just a minute or two between the three I'm pretty happy with the consistency.

Im not sure how big a restriction the exhaust is, but as soon as LMS releases their down pipes and the Corsa system Ill be ordering it.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

SHOdded

Do you have a true dual setup on the Sport?  If not, I wonder if you could fit a custom one and how much it would affect the HP/TQ.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CooperS7777

Quote from: SHOdded on September 27, 2013, 06:06:37 AM
Do you have a true dual setup on the Sport?  If not, I wonder if you could fit a custom one and how much it would affect the HP/TQ.

Just updated the original post - these runs were bone stock.  I honestly havent even had this up on the lift yet to look underneath it, so I'm not sure how the factory exhaust is run. 

The LMS downpipe/corsa system appears to be a true dual system with an X-Pipe.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

EcoBrick Bob

Downpipes will add more HP than changing the exhaust. 

Biggest benefit of exhaust and x-pipe is "Noise Fluff".  THIS IS GOOD!!!

I have all 3 on my Flex.  I modified my exhaust before any custom ones were available.  Flex exhaust is identical to SHO till the bends for the rear mufflers, so I just replaced mufflers with Magnaflows to start, and then I added the NESHO mid-pipe. Had it set up so it is removable and stock mid-pipe section can go back in. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

BlueSHO

So stock boost peaks at 17/18 pounds?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

05yellowgt

It is hard to tell but it looks like the stock AFR stays lean till 5000-5500.  Interesting.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

CooperS7777

Yep, downpipes will certainly make the biggest difference.  I don't think I have the the patience to test down pipes/stock exhaust though so it will probably just happen all at once.

Max boost we saw was 18.79 - again this was on 87 oct; so Im kind of interested to see what changes the ECU makes for 93.  It does stay lean right until around 5k rpm too.
2014 Sport
2010 Evo GSR

arttyszka

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 27, 2013, 10:21:13 AM
Downpipes will add more HP than changing the exhaust. 

Biggest benefit of exhaust and x-pipe is "Noise Fluff".  THIS IS GOOD!!!

I have all 3 on my Flex.  I modified my exhaust before any custom ones were available.  Flex exhaust is identical to SHO till the bends for the rear mufflers, so I just replaced mufflers with Magnaflows to start, and then I added the NESHO mid-pipe. Had it set up so it is removable and stock mid-pipe section can go back in.
Bob, do you know what you picked up with the downpipes?  I'm really considering the Mak ones but wanted to see what the results are before dropping the $.

Thanks
Art
2014 Explorer Sport
Lund Tuned | 170 t-stat | K&N Panel | H&R Springs | Coolbulbs.com HID's