• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Proud new owner of 2011 SHO Chicago!

Started by animagic, September 17, 2013, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

animagic

I am a 3D animator living in the Chicagoland area. I just bought my 2011 SHO in the Kona Blue Metallic from CarMax last week and it only had 15,000 mi on it. It is currently all stock but am looking forward to making some mods to it to give it even more power but I still need to be able to use is as a daily driver. Love this car!!!! :biggrin:

It would be really cool to meet some people in my area for any meet ups or any SHO shows in the Chicagoland area. It would be great to compare notes and see what has and has not worked in performace upgrades.
2011 Ford SHO Kona Blue

DJE624

SHOdded

Willkommen!  So you want to eliminate guesswork from power adders for the SHO?  Don't like being left with a :black_eye: or seeing :boom:?  You picked the right place!  Plus the Chicago area is rife with SHO owners ;)

What kind of animation do you do?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Indeed, welcome aboard! :hi:

I would guess you are the one who posted that comment on my Youtube channel, and found your way here from my reply to you?

Either way, super stoked to have yet another Chi-Town owner register up here and become part of the family! :hi:

Any questions that you may have, most, if not all can be answered by our membership here.

You've come to a great place that is very active and full of Ecoboost owners.

All who love their EB powerplants, modded or stock.

Once again, welcome.

You may want to PM our site's owner (4DRHTRD) & offer any of your animation skills to the site itself. I'm positive it will be well received.

Mike :beer:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

mjhpadi

:hi: Glad you've joined us.  Hope you find this place informative and enjoyable!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

jomc111

2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

animagic

Quote from: SHOdded on September 17, 2013, 04:49:05 PM
Willkommen!  So you want to eliminate guesswork from power adders for the SHO?  Don't like being left with a :black_eye: or seeing :boom:?  You picked the right place!  Plus the Chicago area is rife with SHO owners ;)

What kind of animation do you do?

Thanks everyone for welcoming to my new favorite site.

Yes, I would love to have a place where I can find out things about my SHO that will help gain performance and appearance.
I do 3D animation and motion graphics. I have worked on video games, independent films, National TV Spots, TV Shows... And I am the one who created the Built Ford Tough Logo with J. walter Thompson (Ad. Agency)
2011 Ford SHO Kona Blue

animagic

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 17, 2013, 05:02:02 PM
Indeed, welcome aboard! :hi:

I would guess you are the one who posted that comment on my Youtube channel, and found your way here from my reply to you?

Either way, super stoked to have yet another Chi-Town owner register up here and become part of the family! :hi:

Any questions that you may have, most, if not all can be answered by our membership here.

You've come to a great place that is very active and full of Ecoboost owners.

All who love their EB powerplants, modded or stock.

Once again, welcome.

You may want to PM our site's owner (4DRHTRD) & offer any of your animation skills to the site itself. I'm positive it will be well received.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Im excited to have a place to learn about my new SHO. Yes, Im the guy who posted on your YouTube and thanks for directing me here. There's tons of great info on here. It is cool to know that there are other guys in my area that are into the SHOs too!

James
2011 Ford SHO Kona Blue

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SoCalSHO

Welcome. Since you are in Chicago, maybe you should add some ballistic panels (from the police package Taurus) to your doors. Crazy there lately. At least the news makes it seem that way.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

bpd1151

I saw those ballistic panels when I had my tour of the CAP last Fall....

The police upfitting facility, called TDM, is an approximate 3-4 blocks East of the CAP.

Those panels weigh almost 50lbs per door. Crazy stuff!

SoCalSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 22, 2013, 03:21:06 AM
I saw those ballistic panels when I had my tour of the CAP last Fall....

The police upfitting facility, called TDM, is an approximate 3-4 blocks East of the CAP.

Those panels weigh almost 50lbs per door. Crazy stuff!

We have used them for years on our cars. When they first came out, they really messed up the hinges! They had to add steel wedges to the bottom of the doors and door sills to give the doors a boost up. But when you bail out of the car in a hurry, and the door swings back on you, there is no forgiveness, you really feel it. But ours were level 5.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

animagic

Funny Story...

So I am driving my SHO in town and am stopped at a light and see some red and blues flashing behind me. He signals me to pull over. I pull into a park parking lot right where we were. The officer just wanted to talk to me about my SHO as his cruiser was a SHO too. we compared under the hood. My SHO is still 100% stock as I just bought my car a couple weeks ago. Seems like they have done some pretty good mods to his police cruiser. He mentioned he was pushing close to 500HP and did mention the ballistic doors they are crazy heavy doors!!

It was fun to see that an officer has a great appreciation of these awesome vehicles. Just glad I did not do anything wrong to get a ticket!!! 

2011 Ford SHO Kona Blue

jcl78

Haha, def a funny story! Welcome aboard the site, and I bought my SHO at Carmax as well. It was a great experience.