• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blower motor squeak

Started by Mksmark, December 27, 2023, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mksmark

Mine is making some noise sometimes. Seems like only when its cold out. How do I get to it and can I just oil it or does it need replacement?

SHOdded

you can try greasing the bearings but in all cases that i have seen, replacing it is best. oem is a hard act to follow. tyc is supposed to blow harder but is also louder. dorman may offer a product also, usually tho i stay away from that brand. check at napa to see what they have. sometimes they have rebranded ford parts in napa boxes.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mksmark

Today I took the panel off under the glove box and 1 bolt holds the motor down. Then just a turn and its out. I found that condensation or a few drops of water sat just under the back bearing. I oiled it up and it seems to have freed the motor up quite a bit. I`m going to replace it if it craps out again. Thanks for the tip.