• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel injector coding

Started by tyrantfour, August 12, 2023, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantfour

So I've been fighting a lean code for some time. The other night I found out about fuel injector coding. Apparently each injector is programmed to a specific cylinder. I didn't know that when I did my head gasket. It was an unknown amount of time after that there my fuel trims hit the roof. No way I put them back in order. Then, after the lean started, I sent all the injectors to be cleaned and again tossed them at the engine.
Could that cause the engine to run lean?

I see in forescan I should be able to read the codes that's programmed into the ECU but that option is not showing on my forescan.

2014 fusion titanium 2.0 ecoboost

SHOdded

injectors are not programmed to cylinders but the pcm can tell which one is misbehaving. thats part of computer control. so if you moved the injector to a different bank, most likely the code would move with it.

cleaning the injectors may or may not work. plenty of places clean them now. that weak injector could still be weak just in the opposite direction.

did you get flow results before/after the cleaning? was it a local shop or established company that did the job?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tyrantfour

it was Mr. Injector. they flow tested before and after, the cleaning process did improve them but marginally.
the engine is a 2.0 ecoboost with the p0171. fuel pressure actual and desired are very close idle.
2014 fusion titanium 2.0 ecoboost

SHOdded

i would say to try new injectors then since fuel pump operation is good.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!