• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU Upgrade - Dorman

Started by Yudokuma, August 06, 2023, 11:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yudokuma

Anyone else seen this video before and/or purchased one? Could not find another topic about it here.

The video is 1 year old but I have never heard about it before.

https://youtu.be/TpK_iqL3q6I
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO UPR Catch Can

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

BlueSHO

No turbo love. NA only

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOdded

were supposed to received one of these units for a 3.7 project but never did. months of delays, supply shortages (china), etc. so ended up using a ford oem ptu. have heard of issues with the seals tho.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

timbo

Quote from: BlueSHO on August 07, 2023, 09:58:59 PM
No turbo love. NA only

I think you mean "non-cooled" only.  I looked through and cross referenced the PNs and it includes all of the non-cooled (non-pp from 13+) units.  That being said, the one in my garage will be attached to the trans I will be rebuilding in the next year or so, but I cannot confirm it actually bolts up, but it looks to be the same.
2011 SHO PP - Mild mods and 13+ Brakes
2018 Explorer Sport - Stock

BlueSHO

Quote from: timbo on September 06, 2023, 11:05:26 AM
Quote from: BlueSHO on August 07, 2023, 09:58:59 PM
No turbo love. NA only

I think you mean "non-cooled" only.  I looked through and cross referenced the PNs and it includes all of the non-cooled (non-pp from 13+) units.  That being said, the one in my garage will be attached to the trans I will be rebuilding in the next year or so, but I cannot confirm it actually bolts up, but it looks to be the same.
Which dorman part number are you using? I went by the part number linked in that video 600-234XD
which says NA applications...

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

BlueSHO

@timbo anything?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra