• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gauges

Started by Scott13SHO, September 15, 2013, 08:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

I traded geswek my stock A pillar panels for his trick A pillar Gauge pod he had custom made, as seen here:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=952.0

I'm in the process of trying to do some research on gauges to get for it, and I've heard that aeroforce gauges are pretty nice, but I'm looking for all the different options that I can use for a Boost Gauge and Air/Fuel mix gauge.

What is exactly involved with installing the gauges? AeroForce offers ones that plug into the OBD2, but I know other brands need to be tapped directly into the engine, and I'm assuming that also involves drilling a hole in the firewall?
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

DJE624

Nice trade Scott!  Have fun looking for gauges.

geswek

Boost is easy; just find vacuum line and put a 't' in it.

AFR is basically an O2 sensor (wideband) you'll have to drill one of your downpipes for it.

Mm; you probably knew this anyways Hahah.

Glad you like pod -- it was a FUN ass drive down backroads (272) in the RX8-R3; i couldn't help but hammer the corners.

mval

well cloudy this morn going to work & those EVO gauges are real beauts when you can read them. So called Prosports & told them my problem & he said should have called earlier, they have a solution. Well on order will let you know.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

mjhpadi

Let us know how it works...do you have to remove the gauges from the pod to install or do the slide over the bezel?
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mval

Mark:
Hopefully slide over, but got some downpipes coming & taking to same place that did my gauges so worst case will get them fixed then if I can't do them. They are for the standard 2 1/16" gauge. Will post when I get them. The goofy part is they are not listed as accessories for the EVO's but in verbage on them says that they aren't included with EVO gauges & will work as the guy told me, then why weren't they included under accessories.
Go figure!!!
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen