• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"Stage 1" Mod List

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, September 09, 2013, 08:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

I am slowly approaching the purchase of my Ecoboost vehicle and want to start ordering parts for my "Stage 1" build. For the roughly $1,500-$2,000 I have to spend here is what I am planning on doing:
-MyCalibr80r loaded with Stage 4+ from Livernois
-170 degree T-stat
-Livernois down pipes
-3rd cat and resonator delete
I would appreciate any recommendations to go in a different direction for best bang for the buck mods as I am kind of new to the Ecoboost engine. I also want to go with mods that will be beneficial for a "Stage 2" build that may be meth injection or upgraded turbos.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on September 09, 2013, 08:21:45 AM
I am slowly approaching the purchase of my Ecoboost vehicle and want to start ordering parts for my "Stage 1" build. For the roughly $1,500-$2,000 I have to spend here is what I am planning on doing:
-170 degree T-stat
-Livernois down pipes
I would appreciate any recommendations to go in a different direction for best bang for the buck mods as I am kind of new to the Ecoboost engine. I also want to go with mods that will be beneficial for a "Stage 2" build that may be meth injection or upgraded turbos.
If you want the MyCal I have a used one for sale $250 shipped and then $250 from LMS for the tunes.
I also have 170 T-stat for approx $62.70 shipped
For downpipes are you going catted or catless? For catted I would highly suggest PPE as the cats will pass emissions, for catless I would go Stainless Works via MAK Performance as they're the same quality but cheaper.
I would not suggest doing 3rd cat and resonator delete, that sounds horrible from what I've seen/heard, either do a full exhaust or the MRT rear mufflers.
Here's the list now:
$500 for used MyCal
$63.00 T-stat
Downpipes you have a decision to make but around $600 shipped or $900 shipped depending on your choice
Exhaust is up to you, many options.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SRT82ECOBOOST

Are there any sounds clips out there of the 3rd cat/resonator delete?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

EcoPowerParts

I'll wait for people to weigh in on the exhaust some more, I remember hearing some clips and people saying that they did it and the sound was horrible but I don't remember where it is.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoBrick Bob

I have the 3rd cat & mid - muffler delete pipe from NESHO.  However, it isn't currently bolted in.  Before I added downpipes, it was a bit more loud and gravely sounding.  I took it out mainly because people complained when sitting in 3rd seat.  I need to re-install sometime but just haven't had the opportunity. 

I have yet to hear a sound clip that actually sounds the same as in-person. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Kolk1

I currently have all 3 cats removed, but then the rest of the exhaust is stock. I love it. I love being quiet and quick. Im currently stage 4, if I go stage 5 with MyCal and Meth, I might do new exhaust since I think at that point it will be quick enough to warrant an exhaust with more sound. lol

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 09, 2013, 08:54:07 AM
-170 degree T-stat
-Livernois down pipes
If you want the MyCal I have a used one for sale $250 shipped and then $250 from LMS for the tunes.
For downpipes are you going catted or catless? For catted I would highly suggest PPE as the cats will pass emissions, for catless I would go Stainless Works via MAK Performance as they're the same quality but cheaper.
I would not suggest doing 3rd cat and resonator delete, that sounds horrible from what I've seen/heard, either do a full exhaust or the MRT rear mufflers.
Here's the list now:
$500 for used MyCal
$63.00 T-stat
Downpipes you have a decision to make but around $600 shipped or $900 shipped depending on your choice
I am kind of confused when it comes to the Mycal. How many different versions are there?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on September 09, 2013, 08:35:18 PM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 09, 2013, 08:54:07 AM
-170 degree T-stat
-Livernois down pipes
Here's the list now:
$500 for used MyCal
$63.00 T-stat
I am kind of confused when it comes to the Mycal. How many different versions are there?

I don't know if you can get the old one with the pretty screen any more or not, I have the "new one" which is grey and has a regular LCD screen and can just tune but not data log, same as if you bought one from them today.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SRT82ECOBOOST

So do I need the more expensive unit if I want to datalog?

EcoPowerParts

Yes OR a better option would be to pick up one of the SCT devices for under $200 here so that if you decide you want to try another tuner you can do that. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 09, 2013, 09:02:49 PM
Yes OR a better option would be to pick up one of the SCT devices for under $200 here so that if you decide you want to try another tuner you can do that. :)
So I can datalog with the SCT Tuner.

EcoPowerParts

Yup, you can datalog very well just won't have the fancy screen that the $799 MyCal device offers but the big thing is if you decide to sample other tuners like Torrie or someone else in the future you can't do that with MyCal, if you buy the SCT you can. For cool looking screens it's much cheaper to buy an OBD2 bluetooth adapter and use Torque app on your phone or tablet if you have Android.
You'll kind of have the best of both worlds by having both tuners available to you, Livernois states that if you want their best tunes you need a MyCal.
www.ecopowerparts.com -