• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New ride, still rocking the Ecoboost

Started by 05yellowgt, September 08, 2013, 07:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05yellowgt

I couldn't recall if I had done an intro thread or not, so here we go. My first Ecoboost was a 2010 Flex limited. Loved the little ecobrick but the wife and I decided we wanted to trade it in on a truck. We picked up a 2013 FX4 super crew with 6.5' bed. We are loving the truck so far, but it does lack the punch of the Unleashed tuned Flex. I plan on remedying that soon. Here are a few pics.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

bpd1151

Great looking truck!

Glad to hear/see 'ya still rock'n an EB based vehicle.

Continued fun as you decide on a tune! :ok:

Supposedly SoCal makes a great tune for the F150's, might wanna check them out too.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

DJE624

05yellowgt

I've literally read 200+ pages of tuning "drama" this weekend as I researched tunes for the F150 EB. I already have an unlocked X3 from the Flex. Livernois is off the table at this point. I messaged them to ask what we're the reasons why I would want to ditch the SCT platform and jump on their proprietary programmer. I wanted to know what makes the tuning better using their MyCal device (does their software have access to more parameters of the ECU for instance). The response I received was that they simply don't tune f150's with SCT software. Fair enough, just cross one off the list.

I have experience with Torrie of Unleashed and I have no complaints so far. I think SoCal is Diablo based and MPT needs more looking into. I could also go to my buddy who owns a speed shop and has a dyno. I have full faith in him but it might take longer to get the tunes dialed in we're I want them just due to the fact that he hasn't done nearly as many F150's.

05yellowgt

I made the call last night and placed the order for towing performance and mpg tunes from Torrie last night. I loved the mpg tune on the Flex. I got 24-25mpg hand calculated going from Dayton, OH to Atlanta, GA on trips visiting family. Hoping for gains on the F150 too, though I know they won't be as good as the Flex